Minecraft Server Administration and Moderation

xrex64

Hello everyone. I currently own a server known as Engamma. We average around 5-10 players. I'm looking to make the server average around 50-75 players. In order for this to happen, I will need a strong staff. 

IP: mc.EngammaCraft.com

About the server:

• Has been running for around 3.5 years
  • Has very few staff members
  • Used to average 30-40
  • Different game modes, but strong faction survival, and other side games

What Positions I need:

• Good Builders (5-10) (2-4) 0/10
  • Moderators (6-9) (2-4 hours a day) 0/9
  • Administrators (3-5) (2-4 hours a day) 0/5
  • Programmers (1-2) (When needed) 0/2

All positions above MAY result in a pay in the future if the server is to become very popular. (But don't count on it)

Minimum Requirements:

• 15 years of age or above (exceptions may apply)
  • Must have Minecraft (or else we may have problems)
  • Admins must have at least 100 likes or above 300 posts on LTT (exceptions may apply)
  • Admins must have experience with plugins and server administration

Application:

In Game Name:

Age (not optional):

Location or timezone: 

What rank(s) are you applying for?:

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?:

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?:

Why do you make a good leader over others?: 

What is one action you have done showing leadership?:

What is your steam username?:

If your application is accepted I will add you on steam ASAP and get into better contact with you. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

user name 13gameaddict

15  this June i shall be 16

GMT currently living in the united kingdom 

i can play it every day except Mondays and Thursdays

i have experience with a couple of plugins like world edit, chest shop and a couple other plugins

I try to resolve conflicts with people i have done this before and it has worked out very well

steam user name is Darkside_V6  

Looking for placement for admin or mod

In Game Name: Darkiiss

Age (not optional): 19

Location or timezone: Australia, GMT + 10:00

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: 2-4 hours a day.

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?: I am familiar with Bukkit, however as for spigot I lack knowledge.

Why do you make a good leader over others?: I have been a moderator rank on several servers before and administrator on one. However as time progresses the servers unfortunately closed down. I know I would apply great skills in regards to showing from a moderator position and have also been entrusted with administration privileges also.

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: I have resolved multiple issues (especially arguments regarding server staff). In the event of me getting this opportunity to show and display these skills as part of your team, I think it would be more beneficial, for you as you can see for yourself the truth of my abilities and not some 12 year old talking themselves up.

What is your steam username?: _Darkiiss_

I just would like to note on a different example that I have joined this website as of yesterday of this post. I am a very good builder if given an a theme. I am also under going programming at University at the end of the year, and finally, I have no interest of receiving payment.

I wish you all the best in finding a good, strong willed team for your server.

Thank you,

~Darkiiss.

In Game Name: Darkiiss

Location or timezone: Australia, GMT + 10:00

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: 2-4 hours a day.

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?: I am familiar with Bukkit, however as for spigot I lack knowledge.

Why do you make a good leader over others?: I have been a moderator rank on several servers before and administrator on one. However as time progresses the servers unfortunately closed down. I know I would apply great skills in regards to showing from a moderator position and have also been entrusted with administration privileges also.

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: I have resolved multiple issues (especially arguments regarding server staff). In the event of me getting this opportunity to show and display these skills as part of your team, I think it would be more beneficial, for you as you can see for yourself the truth of my abilities and not some 12 year old talking themselves up.

What is your steam username?: _Darkiiss_

I just would like to note on a different example that I have joined this website as of yesterday of this post. I am a very good builder if given an a theme. I am also under going programming at University at the end of the year, and finally, I have no interest of receiving payment.

I wish you all the best in finding a good, strong willed team for your server.

Thank you,

~Darkiiss.

Accepted. I will add you on Steam before I change your rank. If you have a better way for me to contact you, let me know. 

Times may be difficult, but I need someone who is on when other staff members aren't on. 

† TTCF Member †

Accepted. I will add you on Steam before I change your rank. If you have a better way for me to contact you, let me know. 

Times may be difficult, but I need someone who is on when other staff members aren't on. 

Agreed. I will try to provide as best I can.

In Game Name: C0V413NT

Age (not optional): 15

Location or timezone: AZ timezone, so mountain without dst

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: 2-3.5

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?: Lots, I have managed my own server in the past, and know how to use worldedit, factions, worldguard, and various other plugins. I know how to manage groups and make the config files. I have not experimented with spigot however.

Why do you make a good leader over others?: Can come up with a clear plan of "attack". I know how to handle various situations.

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: I was the owner of a server and I managed who did what, and configured and installed the plugins and server by myself. I also managed to fight off trolls asking for mod positions.

What is your steam username?: Covalent (the one with the green ranger profile pic)

I'm looking to apply for an admin or programmer position.

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?: Lots, I have managed my own server in the past, and know how to use worldedit, factions, worldguard, and various other plugins. I know how to manage groups and make the config files. I have not experimented with spigot however.

Why do you make a good leader over others?: Can come up with a clear plan of "attack". I know how to handle various situations.

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: I was the owner of a server and I managed who did what, and configured and installed the plugins and server by myself. I also managed to fight off trolls asking for mod positions.

What is your steam username?: Covalent (the one with the green ranger profile pic)

What are you programming capabilities? 

† TTCF Member †

Hello, I'd like to apply for the position of moderator.

In game name: Morrdenar

Hours/day: ~3

Experience with bukkit: I have a lot of experience with bukkit, I used to be a moderator on my friends server and an admin on my own server, both of tthese used bukkit.

I make a good leader over others because I am able to resolve problems easily in a clam manner, I have good interpersonal skills, I have taken a course in leadership, I have a psychology degree and have studied leadership.

Showing leadership: I used to be a sempai(The person who is one under the sensei) in Ju-jitsu, In airsoft I lead squads. I constantly pick up leadershiop positions in my daily life.

Steam: Skreedles.

Hello, I'd like to apply for moderator or builder

In Game Name: Lapris4

Location or timezone: UK (GMT) 

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: 4-5 maybe more

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?: Some but it is rather limited (I'm open to learning about them)

Why do you make a good leader over others?: I can handle situations calmly and in a controlled manner. 

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: I am a member of a kayaking club for whitch I am in charge of 4 or 5 people.

What is your steam username?: Lapris54

What are you programming capabilities?

When you say programming do you mean configuration? Or do you mean java? I am still learning java, but I would probably have enough core concepts to get by.

Accepted as programmer/admin.

† TTCF Member †

Hello, I'd like to apply for moderator or builder

In Game Name: Lapris4

Location or timezone: UK (GMT) 

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: 4-5 maybe more

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?: Some but it is rather limited (I'm open to learning about them)

Why do you make a good leader over others?: I can handle situations calmly and in a controlled manner. 

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: I am a member of a kayaking club for whitch I am in charge of 4 or 5 people.

What is your steam username?: Lapris54

Do you have any way to show me some of the things you have built?

† TTCF Member †

Hello, I'd like to apply for the position of moderator.

In game name: Morrdenar

Hours/day: ~3

Experience with bukkit: I have a lot of experience with bukkit, I used to be a moderator on my friends server and an admin on my own server, both of tthese used bukkit.

I make a good leader over others because I am able to resolve problems easily in a clam manner, I have good interpersonal skills, I have taken a course in leadership, I have a psychology degree and have studied leadership.

Showing leadership: I used to be a sempai(The person who is one under the sensei) in Ju-jitsu, In airsoft I lead squads. I constantly pick up leadershiop positions in my daily life.

Steam: Skreedles.

Accepted.

† TTCF Member †

In Game Name: Tea1337

Age (not optional): 15, almost 16.

Location or timezone: UTC -7:00

What rank(s) are you applying for?: Administrator/Moderator.

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: 3-4, depending on work that needs to be done. 

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?: I have almost 3 years of running Bukkit commands and plugins, I am fairly new to spigot, around 2 months or so of usage. 

Why do you make a good leader over others?: I have experience unlike most, started off as an everyday player, making my way up the ranks. I have spent over a year in the Administrator position on numerous servers, serving all that I could. I have learnt you need to be patient with minecraft players as some of them have short tempers, and keeping your cool is always key. I have owned 3 servers, Co-Owned 2. Most new staff members tend to go about abusing powers given to them, not enforcing the rules, and cheating. 

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: The one and best action I have ever took was running a 130 player server for more than 2 days, with hundreds of questions and many kids that are there to wreak havoc, I cracked down and did the best that I could. As for real life I am a freshmen mentor, helping wondering lost freshman around campus, and answering all questions.

What is your steam username?: - null, I can make a steam account if needed.

In Game Name: Tea1337

Age (not optional): 15, almost 16.

Location or timezone: UTC -7:00

What rank(s) are you applying for?: Administrator/Moderator.

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: 3-4, depending on work that needs to be done. 

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?: I have almost 3 years of running Bukkit commands and plugins, I am fairly new to spigot, around 2 months or so of usage. 

Why do you make a good leader over others?: I have experience unlike most, started off as an everyday player, making my way up the ranks. I have spent over a year in the Administrator position on numerous servers, serving all that I could. I have learnt you need to be patient with minecraft players as some of them have short tempers, and keeping your cool is always key. I have owned 3 servers, Co-Owned 2. Most new staff members tend to go about abusing powers given to them, not enforcing the rules, and cheating. 

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: The one and best action I have ever took was running a 130 player server for more than 2 days, with hundreds of questions and many kids that are there to wreak havoc, I cracked down and did the best that I could. As for real life I am a freshmen mentor, helping wondering lost freshman around campus, and answering all questions.

What is your steam username?: - null, I can make a steam account if needed.

Accepted as Administrator. 

† TTCF Member †

I will be able to be a moderator totally, but I don't have plugin experience.  But is that required for being a moderator?  

I'm 14 years of age, 15 in a few months. 

In Game Name: Tookmycookie

Age (not optional): 14 (almost 15)

Location or timezone: NewZealand

What rank(s) are you applying for?: Moderator

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: 6-7 hours a day every day usually, unless my computer breaks or something

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?: No, I don't know what those are, but I'm willing to learn

Why do you make a good leader over others?:  Because I am stubborn, not mean and I explain things well, and do not allow exceptions unless told by higher authority

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: I am helping at my brothers school and managing their computers (I can provide more if you want)

What is your steam username?: Same as LTT forum name

I'm 13 but I'll try anyways

In Game Name:piplupgao

Age (not optional):13

Location or timezone: EST

What rank(s) are you applying for?: Mod or Admin

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: 0-4 depending on the time I have

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?:I know how to add them to a server, I ran a server with around 20 plugins

Why do you make a good leader over others?: I know how teenagers think (I can deal with them better)

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: Well, I ran a server about a year ago that averaged at around 20 players

What is your steam username?:piplupgao

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I'm 13 but I'll try anyways

In Game Name:piplupgao

Age (not optional):13

Location or timezone: EST

What rank(s) are you applying for?: Mod or Admin

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: 0-4 depending on the time I have

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?:I know how to add them to a server, I ran a server with around 20 plugins

Why do you make a good leader over others?: I know how teenagers think (I can deal with them better)

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: Well, I ran a server about a year ago that averaged at around 20 players

What is your steam username?:piplupgao

"15 years of age or above (exceptions may apply)"

Accepted as moderator. 

† TTCF Member †

"15 years of age or above (exceptions may apply)"

Accepted as moderator. 

:D

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I will be able to be a moderator totally, but I don't have plugin experience.  But is that required for being a moderator?  

I'm 14 years of age, 15 in a few months. 

In Game Name: Tookmycookie

Age (not optional): 14 (almost 15)

Location or timezone: NewZealand

What rank(s) are you applying for?: Moderator

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: 6-7 hours a day every day usually, unless my computer breaks or something

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?: No, I don't know what those are, but I'm willing to learn

Why do you make a good leader over others?:  Because I am stubborn, not mean and I explain things well, and do not allow exceptions unless told by higher authority

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: I am helping at my brothers school and managing their computers (I can provide more if you want)

What is your steam username?: Same as LTT forum name

Accepted as a Moderator

† TTCF Member †

Accepted as a Moderator

Thank you!  I'm looking forward to working with you and all the others!  I assure you, I will not let you down unless something happens and I loose my internet etc.  :P

Do you have any way to show me some of the things you have built?

I could get you some examples, what would you like me to build?

I could get you some examples, what would you like me to build?

Check your messages. 

† TTCF Member †

In Game Name: xSiiKS4Mx

Location or timezone: GMT Live in the UK

What rank(s) are you applying for?: Mod/Admin

How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: Weekdays 4+ hours a day. Fri,Sat,Sun 6/7 hours a day

What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?: Used to be admin on a bukkit server back in 1.2 days. We had about 25 plugins, all constantly braking. I was normally the one fixing everything. Currently run a server for my friends. 

Why do you make a good leader over others?: Before making a decision I get all the facts. I don't side with someone because of who he/she is. I am fair and always believe in second chances.

What is one action you have done showing leadership?: When running the old server ran into a fair bit of greifing etc. Found the culprits and dealt with them accordingly. 

What is your steam username?: xSiiKS4Mx

Also payment, I'm not interested in it. Rather have the money go towards better server hardware than go in my pocket.

Another thing I'm "alright" at using photoshop and other editing software. So any advertising for the server that you would need doing I could have a go. 

Last one, I know HTML pretty well. So if you need a website for the server I'm sure I could have a go.

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985 

In Game Name: xSiiKS4Mx
Location or timezone: GMT Live in the UK
What rank(s) are you applying for?: Mod/Admin
How many hours/day can you play Minecraft?: Weekdays 4+ hours a day. Fri,Sat,Sun 6/7 hours a day
What is your experience with Bukkit or Spigot plugins?: Used to be admin on a bukkit server back in 1.2 days. We had about 25 plugins, all constantly braking. I was normally the one fixing everything. Currently run a server for my friends. 
Why do you make a good leader over others?: Before making a decision I get all the facts. I don't side with someone because of who he/she is. I am fair and always believe in second chances.
What is one action you have done showing leadership?: When running the old server ran into a fair bit of greifing etc. Found the culprits and dealt with them accordingly. 
What is your steam username?: xSiiKS4Mx

Also payment, I'm not interested in it. Rather have the money go towards better server hardware than go in my pocket.

Another thing I'm "alright" at using photoshop and other editing software. So any advertising for the server that you would need doing I could have a go. 

Last one, I know HTML pretty well. So if you need a website for the server I'm sure I could have a go.

Accepted as Moderator (possible promotion)

† TTCF Member †