faulty gpu?

liam eeckhaut
Go to solution Solved by cr8tor,

The thing is its loading it from the HDD/SSD to video memory so both are at play there.

If it has issues loading, i would think it would just simply not load an image or texture or what not, instead of displaying weird blotches.

I could be wrong, but still think GPU.

so few days ago started another topic with this gpu then it was fixed for 2days or so but now its back and maybe even worse so im starthing to think my gpu is faulty

specs

5700xt

5 3600x

a 570 pro

16gb corsair ddr4 ram

650w coolermaster psu

the system is about 4 months old now

started having gpu issues about 2-3 weeks ago

temps are all around 65 both cpu and gpu

Naamloos2.png

Naamloos.png

1880129569_InkedRandomsquares_LI.jpg.502be8f2af2347073c47540fd60f420d.jpg

Knipsel.PNG.abadc2c2b1f81afc0ac6c7747f91c070.png.ea5c7c122f075aadf58efcf475ed8690.png

If you can get your hands on ANY other card that can play those games try it and see if the issue goes away. (Otherwise see if you can get a return on the GPU)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

What's the problem I see Ubisoft games, but if it's on the screenshot is it really a GPU issue of it is in yt? 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

What's the problem I see Ubisoft games, but if it's on the screenshot is it really a GPU issue of it is in yt? 

in the ubisoft game u can see the lines in the first pic in the middle that goes to the right.

thats wat i also find weird is that it shows up on screenshot

This is more of a graphics card problem. Try DDU-ing the driver

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

2 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

If you can get your hands on ANY other card that can play those games try it and see if the issue goes away. (Otherwise see if you can get a return on the GPU)

sadly i have no other gpu.

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

The YouTube video is problem just the video I would just worry about the issue in GAMES running on the GPU.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

2 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

This is more of a graphics card problem. Try DDU-ing the driver

could u explain wat that is? is it unstalling the drivers? because i already once de intsalled amd drivers and reinstalled them

12 minutes ago, liam eeckhaut said:

could u explain wat that is? is it unstalling the drivers? because i already once de intsalled amd drivers and reinstalled them

1. Uninstall the drivers manually using control panel or whatever

2. Boot using windows safe boot (just look for guides on YT)

3. Run DDU software https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html. It will eliminate any trace of the driver on the system

4. Install driver manually using the one on AMD's website (note: turn off wifi or any internet connection so that windows wouldn't try to install the drivers automatically)

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

13 minutes ago, liam eeckhaut said:

this make it a bit more clear

Still hoping it's a driver issue. 'Cause in my experience this kind of artifacting is caused by the gpu and vram.

You didn't accidentally bang your pc did you???

23 minutes ago, liam eeckhaut said:

in the ubisoft game u can see the lines in the first pic in the middle that goes to the right.

thats wat i also find weird is that it shows up on screenshot

You kinda missed the joke Ubisoft games are known to be bad on PC

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

You kinda missed the joke Ubisoft games are known to be bad on PC

Ah ok im sorry but its not only that game its almost all games cod,rb6...

6 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Still hoping it's a driver issue. 'Cause in my experience this kind of artifacting is caused by the gpu and vram.

You didn't accidentally bang your pc did you???

Just did the ddu and reinstal and no i havent touched it, sinds i built it

22 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

1. Uninstall the drivers manually using control panel or whatever

2. Boot using windows safe boot (just look for guides on YT)

3. Run DDU software https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html. It will eliminate any trace of the driver on the system

4. Install driver manually using the one on AMD's website (note: turn off wifi or any internet connection so that windows wouldn't try to install the drivers automatically)

so far ive played about 10minutes and no issues so far i wil play some more and see if its actually fixed thanks.

29 minutes ago, liam eeckhaut said:

this make it a bit more clear

~Snipped photo of circled graphical issues~

If DDUing your drivers did not help than have you tried the graphics card in another system( A friend willing to help out)? If this did not fix the issue, then RMA is your best bet and provide screenshots if requested and the steps you have taken to try and fix the issue software wise (DDU drivers, reseat graphics card etc.). Does @cr8tor have any other suggestions as I know he and I were trying to help you the other day with this issue?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

5 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

Does @cr8tor have any other suggestions as I know he and I were trying to help you the other day with this issue?

Last post from OP says "so far ive played about 10minutes and no issues so far i wil play some more and see if its actually fixed thanks."

So lets hope its fixed.

I dont have any more suggestions if DDU doesnt help.

It does look very much like a GPU memory issue.

Has the GPU been reseated? I dont remember from the other thread, but if not, for sure do that.

Otherwise, swap this into another machine for testing.

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

5 hours ago, cr8tor said:

Last post from OP says "so far ive played about 10minutes and no issues so far i wil play some more and see if its actually fixed thanks."

So lets hope its fixed.

I dont have any more suggestions if DDU doesnt help.

It does look very much like a GPU memory issue.

Has the GPU been reseated? I dont remember from the other thread, but if not, for sure do that.

Otherwise, swap this into another machine for testing.

The gpu was reseated. I did a ddu

And have played about 4hours no issue.

I wil wait some more but if the issue comes back im just going to send it back i have no other system to test it on. Thx everyone 

1 minute ago, liam eeckhaut said:

And have played about 4hours no issue.

I wil wait some more but if the issue comes back im just going to send it back i have no other system to test it on. Thx everyone 

Thats a good sign, so best of luck.

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 12:09 AM, cr8tor said:

Thats a good sign, so best of luck.

so still dealing with this issue, had to stop gaming for a while because work and school.and i was gonna send out the gpu on monday for warranty replacement.

but i just realised something could it be a faulty hdd? i just realised this but when playing cod i have matches that have issues some not and if i join the match and i have no issues the first 2sec iknow the match will have zero issues ben when the match ends and a new one loads up and i have a texture issue int the beginning it wil be so the whole game like thath, also when starting the game up to menu if the startup has no issues with texure there wil be no problem, and if i have the texture issue when restarting sometimes i dont have  the issue, its just that if the issue comes its ALWAYS after a loading screen and i have only 2 games on my other ssd but they have never had any issues, but im still not sure if it is the HDD because the problem very very rarely happens in youtube (wich only happened maybe 5 times or so and not for a long time), i dont know if this has to do anything with it but the HDD is an extarnal drive.

The thing is its loading it from the HDD/SSD to video memory so both are at play there.

If it has issues loading, i would think it would just simply not load an image or texture or what not, instead of displaying weird blotches.

Family machines

14 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

Ok thx then i will send it in.

28 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

so i tried something , trailmakers i always had issues with that game on hdd just deleted it en put it on the ssd and yup still issues.

so now im hundred percent certain. so i wil be sending it out thx for the help

15 hours ago, liam eeckhaut said:

so i wil be sending it out thx for the help

Sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Family machines