A program to Retrieve media files

So I dug out my old desktop out of mothballs and I know That there are sentimental media files on there (old photos and shit)... I really don't want to dig thru that hard drive manually... is there a program that will scan the entire drive for pictures, videos, music, etc and pull them off of the drive for me... (cause its a 8 year old Drive at this point... and i don't want to lose the data...

Many thanks,

-Ninjasupahsquid

well i suggest you do in manually

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Just now, mahyar said:

well i suggest you do in manually

But what if I really dont want to do it manually... I will if there are no other options... I just couldn't find any....

1 minute ago, Ninjasupahsquid said:

But what if I really dont want to do it manually... I will if there are no other options... I just couldn't find any....

if you dont do it manually some files will  be left behind  its painful but only real way

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Install Directory Opus, it's free for 30 days. Then you can use option flat view (without folders) to display all files from every subdirectory on drive as single folder (all files from drive will be displayed). Then you can filter mp3, jpg etc and copy them.

Use windows built in search function.

Search the drive for these 3 to list all files of this type

kind:=picture

kind:=audio

kind:=video

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Windows search with file extensions. Otherwise you might need to install couple of software. For images and video there's digiKAM which can moved files across folders/drives. For audio I would use Foobar with file operations extensions. Those are the software I know. But the issue is the files you still might want to save, like documents.

My personal resolution is to manually go through stuff. Starting with userfiles and then checking if something was saved somewhere else. Usually not. Then copy all folders to another HDD and let the person whose files they are go through them manually.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv