What do you think Windows 9 will be like? (Discussion thread)

Keudn

So after listening to countless people (including me) rant about Windows 7 being better than Windows 8 and 8.1, I have found people have mixed feelings about how Windows 9 will turn out. After reading this article (http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8-ux-designer-on-metro-it-is-the-antithesis-of-a-power-user), I feel like I can trust Microsoft to do Windows 9 right. What is everyone else's opinion on if Windows 9 will be any good and what features do you think will be in it?

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I hope it will be just as good as 8.1 is.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I don't know about windows 9, but I like Windows 8. I haven't tried 8.1 yet though. Actually, my Windows 8 looks and feels like Windows 7, but since its Win8, its a lot faster and more stable then windows 7.

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

I think it will be fine, just like any other windows version^^

I don't know about windows 9, but I like Windows 8. I haven't tried 8.1 yet though. Actually, my Windows 8 looks and feels like Windows 7, but since its Win8, its a lot faster and more stable then windows 7.

8.1 is even better

Windows 7 but with the upgrades of Windows 8 or at least that's what I want.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I like Windows 8.1 and I assume I'll like Windows 9. For those that hate Windows 8, my guess is they still wont be happy with Windows 9.

I just don't want metro and don't want my desktop to look like a touch device like a phone or tablet. I also would like the normal start button and an option to go back to windows 95 in terms of visuals if i'd like, just like windows 7 does. That's all I want. And Improved performance if possible.

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

Won't matter to me. This summer, I'll be switching to purely Linux on my main desktop and laptop.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

More than likely Windows 9 will be mostly bug free, within a few months it definently will be so I'm not concerned about that. Judging from the article I think Windows 9 will have a mix of Metro or an optional power user traditional desktop. I think for us who like the Windows 7 layout they will make it optional to use that. The article talked about how Microsoft can't implement too many power user features because for the common user it would be too complicated, and it wont work the other way as well obviously. So what they did with Windows 8 is primarily design it for common users because the common user won't dig around looking for a way to implement the metro theme, thats why it was the default. With Windows 9 we will hopefully see both metro and the traditional power user layouts, and the desktop layout might even see more features for us power users like multiple desktops :) we can only cross our fingers atleast

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

lets hope it follows their good bad good bad cheme they seem to be following

and win 9 looks to be their good year :D

(to illustrate, windows XP (good) vista (bad untill they got their shit togheter like with win 8.1) win 7 (very good), win 8 (bad but not vista bad), win 9 (hopefully badass!)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

lets hope it follows their good bad good bad cheme they seem to be following

and win 9 looks to be their good year :D

(to illustrate, windows XP (good) vista (bad untill they got their shit togheter like with win 8.1) win 7 (very good), win 8 (bad but not vista bad), win 9 (hopefully badass!)

I agree lol :P but according to Jacob Miller, their good/bad cycle is intentional, its not some weird coincidence, so I'd say its a good chance windows 9 will be good :)

I just don't want metro and don't want my desktop to look like a touch device like a phone or tablet. I also would like the normal start button and an option to go back to windows 95 in terms of visuals if i'd like, just like windows 7 does. That's all I want. And Improved performance if possible.

Classic shell, problem solved.

Windows 9 will probably just follow on from Windows 8. Further doubling down on the tablet interface with their New UI and improving the rest of the OS. Presumably we'll get a new version of DX along with it and it'll take up yet more drive space. I suspect they'll improve 4k monitor support significantly as well as multiple monitors and I am hoping they fix some of the problems with power management they have introduced in the last few generations as well (like mouse batching in Windows 8).

Classic shell, problem solved.

Yup, my brother has it on his computer and it pretty much makes it so you never have to use the start screen.

Yup, my brother has it on his computer and it pretty much makes it so you never have to use the start screen.

I have never used metro.. Ever..

windows 7 with the windows 8 speed, less focus on touch and apps, more focus on powerfull desktop usage and multi monitor setups.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.