The BIOS on the different b550 boards

FinOxy
Go to solution Solved by FinOxy,

Okay, so I should not be taking the bios much into consideration

thank you

Hi, I am planning an very large system uprage from my i7-3770. And I was planning getting ryzen 6-core CPU. I have narrowed down to two different boards

MSI B550 gaming plus

Gigabyte B550 Aorus master (because I bought r5700xt gaming oc)

Any overviews on the different BIOS of these manufacturers. LIke what tools they have etc. 

And I have only used Asrocks lga1156 BIOS and GA-970-UDP3PS am3+, so I don´t have an pre-existing preference. 

I will be running an rx5700xt and 500gb 970 evo plus drive. And My case has no front panel type-c 

The names for the BIOS options have remained super similar over the generations, Asus has their OC tweaker and whatnot, MSI still uses those two pillars of settings for a main menu, gigabyte's BIOS is more of a straightforward menu-style BIOS with options along the top that go into drop down options, pretty simple stuff.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

So, what I gather, they are pretty close to each other?

And not care a lot of it?

I found both MSI and Gigabyte's bios's pretty easy to work with as someone who is very familiar with the msi bios though I do lean towards reccomending it and is pretty similar to asus' bios. as once explored it has some pretty user friendly features and design. it defaults to ez mode where you can just hit your xmp modes right there and fan controils are pretty damn easy and pleasant to work with. adavanced mode is like any other bios and I find one of the more organised and easier to look at but otherwise no matter who you go with bios screensa re overall pretty similar and asus IMO still has the best bios anyway.

I'm not extremely familiar with the bios on either but if overclocking is a priority I think you should go with the gigabyte mobo, if you don't plan to do heavy overclocking I reccomend the msi mobo because I've had good experience and heard good things about msi mobo especially when your going with a lower end b450 board

3 minutes ago, kucharczykt said:

I'm not extremely familiar with the bios on either but if overclocking is a priority I think you should go with the gigabyte mobo, if you don't plan to do heavy overclocking I reccomend the msi mobo because I've had good experience and heard good things about msi mobo especially when your going with a lower end b450 board

aggreed with this I would take into account RMA experiences, and overall performance over bios. I tend to ruun MSI personally cause of how easy it is RMA boards in my area. 

4 minutes ago, Tapio Markkanen said:

So, what I gather, they are pretty close to each other?

And not care a lot of it?

Yeah, the gigabyte BIOS is pretty self explanatory (if not a little restricted on lower end boards, the cheaper aorus options don't even give direct CPU voltage control) and you won't have trouble with anything like enabling XMP and setting up your boot devices or flashing BIOS.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Okay, so I should not be taking the bios much into consideration

thank you