HTC One (2014) detailed specs and sales guide leaked

The HTC All New One (2014), codenamed M8, is getting to be the worst kept secret in recent times. It's been leak after leak, the last one describing why there are two cameras on the back. There was also a lengthy video of it.
Now we've got our hands on the complete and detailed specs of the smartphone. We also acquired what appears to be a sales guide depicting the key features of the HTC One (2014) and how the company's representative plan on marketing them.

The HTC One (2014) will measure 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35, making it a little thicker than its main rivals. Weight is set at 160g.
The screen will indeed be a 5" 1080p unit. The processor is quoted to be a quad-core 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 801, while the battery capacity will be 2,600 mAh. The SIM is said to be of the nano sim variety (like on the iPhone 5, 5c and 5s, Moto X, etc.) and there will be a microSD card slot to compliment the preloaded 16 GB of storage (10GB of which will b e user available).
There's no world on the camera resolution but the rest of the specs appear the same as last year's model - 1/3.0" size, f/2.0 aperture, 2µm pixel size, etc. suggesting the resolution could again be 4 MP. According to the guide the video capture is still 1080p and not 4K. There will also be a rapid improvement in the front-facing camera which will now pack 5MP sensor.
A Barometer is also said to be on board, but FM Radio is a no-go. You can check out the HTC One 2014 specs page, where we've added all the new info we learned.
And here's the full sales guide we mentioned earlier.

post-39338-0-40213200-1394558973_thumb.j

We've also got hold of the key apps that sales representatives would pitch to clients in the markets where those are available.

post-39338-0-84846500-1394559033.jpg

SOURCE: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_2014_detailed_specs-news-8008.php

Man if only I had money...

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

My 2 year contract ends at the end of the month, so I will be upgrading. I'm currently looking at the Nexus 5, which I will probably get, but depending on the price, I might look into the new One.

Rig - Processor: Intel core i5 3570k @4.3GHz, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX, GPU: XFX HD 7950 DD, with a Kraken G10 and Kraken X40, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4x4GB, HDD: Seagate 1.5TB, Cooler: Xigmatek Prime SD1484, Case: Phantom 530

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer 24-inch 1920x1080, Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4, Mouse: Logitech G9x, Headphones: Turtle Beach PX21, Mousepad: Steelseries QCK

isnt that great in my opinion personally the one x was pretty darn good back two years now it isnt :( htc havent really convinced me to pickup their product at all :(

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I'm waitin for Tegra K1 or Snapdragon 805. I want to play Dolphin at playable framerates.

Hmm.....Im really in a pickle. This or Galaxy S5.

My 2 year contract ends at the end of the month, so I will be upgrading. I'm currently looking at the Nexus 5, which I will probably get, but depending on the price, I might look into the new One.

I still can't believe those 2 year contracts are allowed.......Would be illegal here.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

The battery has me concerned. I don't like having carry around my charger or a battery bank with me. My phone now has a 3300mah battery and that lasts me through my day. Nowadays specs don't matter as much as longevity as I don't play games or do anything that requires horsepower. I just need my phone to last me a day with a good amount to spare.

With that said, I am definitely excited to see what this phone brings with it. It is my frontrunner as my next phone to replace my aging RAZR Max

No, I already have the 2013 model.

However, if I had a 2012 phone, this would be a must buy. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I'm less than a year in to my contract... so no

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Only 10GB of usable storage? What the hell HTC? That's only ~1GB more than the horrendously bloated S5. Cyanogenmod takes up like 3GB less. What is taking up those extra ~3GB?

The Snapdragon 801 will be replaced very shortly by much much better chips. For example ARMv8 based CPUs or the Snapdragon 805.

Same camera sensor and optics as the HTC One? Really? It was good a year ago, but now it's not that great. They should have at least increased the resolution. The Lytro style refocusing is pretty cool though, but not even 4K recording? Why the hell not? The ISP already supports it so I can't think of a single reason to not allow it.

Why did they remove the FM radio? Samsung no longer includes it in their flagship phones either. Why not?

This might be an even bigger disappointment than the Galaxy S 5... And that's saying something. At least they included a microSD slot this time... They should have done that with the previous HTC One though.

Meh, my contract will expire soon, but I'll hold up on upgrading this generation.. doesn't really seem worth it. 

Damn this is bit of a disappointment, as it sounded promising guess i will continue my search for a replacement of my Galaxy S3  -_-

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC | Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB | HDD 1:  WD Black 2 TB | HDD 2: WD Green 1.5 TB | PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W 80+ Gold Certified | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

The specs have barely improved at all and they made it ugly imo.

No thank you, I will stick with first and best One.

I wan't this phone....End of story...

whats the big deal about this phone? apart from the new CPU. everyones going ape shit over it and it's not even that special at its price point. it'll be £500 or something and my LG G2 thats £300 now will shit over this thing. really. if the price is going to be around £500, HTC can go fuck itself

Only 10GB of usable storage? What the hell HTC? That's only ~1GB more than the horrendously bloated S5. Cyanogenmod takes up like 3GB less. What is taking up those extra ~3GB?

The Snapdragon 801 will be replaced very shortly by much much better chips. For example ARMv8 based CPUs or the Snapdragon 805.

Same camera sensor and optics as the HTC One? Really? It was good a year ago, but now it's not that great. They should have at least increased the resolution. The Lytro style refocusing is pretty cool though, but not even 4K recording? Why the hell not? The ISP already supports it so I can't think of a single reason to not allow it.

Why did they remove the FM radio? Samsung no longer includes it in their flagship phones either. Why not?

This might be an even bigger disappointment than the Galaxy S 5... And that's saying something. At least they included a microSD slot this time... They should have done that with the previous HTC One though.

The rate of ARM development means that every new phone will be outpaced within a few months of its release. I doubt that I'm alone in liking the One's larger sensor/lower MP camera. It does far better macro and mid-range shots than all of those garbage 100m MP cameras that capture horrible photos in most realistic conditions. 

Who listens to FM radio anymore? AM radio I can understand because of news updates and sports talk, but FM radio?  -_-

Contract on my phone is ending soon, thinking of either this or the S5.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

There needs to be a poll option for "Getting the Find 7 instead" lol

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

I would but I am only 1 year into my 2 year contract. Looks like I will be getting the next M9...

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

The rate of ARM development means that every new phone will be outpaced within a few months of its release.

No, this update is huge. We often see small updates every once in a while for ARM processors but with this update we get a huge upswing architecture wise, then we will see the normal updates from better manufacturing processes.

Even the low powered ARMv8 based cores (Cortex A53) are not that much slower clock for clock than the current mid range cores like Cortex A12, and it's much much faster than let's say Cortex A7 (current low end cores, like in the Moto G).

The architecture is much better and we will also get some new instruction sets which will give a really nice boost in performance (when it comes to some crypto stuff Anand saw a ~800% increase in performance, and yes that's 8 and two zeroes afterwards).

I doubt that I'm alone in liking the One's larger sensor/lower MP camera. It does far better macro and mid-range shots than all of those garbage 100m MP cameras that capture horrible photos in most realistic conditions.

Well I like it, but they really should have improved it. I think they should have at least done something to upgrade the sensor or optics. The resolution is pretty low and you can clearly see that in certain situations. Like I said it was good a year ago, but they should have at least made some upgrade to it. There are far better cameras out there in smartphones.

Who listens to FM radio anymore? AM radio I can understand because of news updates and sports talk, but FM radio?  -_-

FM is better than AM... Anyway the reason I said FM is because I know the HTC One at least got that, and now they are removing it. If the One has AM radio then they will be removing that as well, which kind of sucks.

I got annoyed when Samsung decided to not include it in the Galaxy S 4 as well. Sure I didn't use it, but I liked having the option to use it if I ever wanted. You shouldn't remove features in your new phone.

No, this update is huge.

I agree with Linus. The S5 and the new One don't seem like monumental upgrades over the previous generation. The S4 was a big step up from the S3, and the One was heads and shoulders better than anything that HTC had previously.

For most of us, we still haven't even tapped into the full power of the One/S4. Heck, even the global Quad S3 is still a very powerful phone.