Trying to make a livesplit autosplitter

pomtom44
Hi all
I have spend the last 3 hours going around and around in circles trying to figure this out and i have gotten nowhere

im trying to detect when a level loads, and when sounds play on a game so I can then make a auto splitter for speed running.

i have tried everything i can find online to try get memory values using cheatengine, as thats supposedly the way to go. but now i just feel like im doing the same things which i did an hour ago without realizing.

the game is Nerf Arena Blast, its a free download (abandonware) so easy enough to get yourself if you want to help out.
Thanks in advance for anyone who can give some input or guidance.

Here's how I would do it.

With cheat engine running play through 3 or 4 levels of the game and record the memory values from when you finish the level right up to the next level loading. Do a byte by byte comparison of all the stored data and look for any markers that are the same during each load then simply write your app to look for this marker and split when it sees it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Here's how I would do it.

With cheat engine running play through 3 or 4 levels of the game and record the memory values from when you finish the level right up to the next level loading. Do a byte by byte comparison of all the stored data and look for any markers that are the same during each load then simply write your app to look for this marker and split when it sees it.

I tried that with the scan for unknown, then load a level and scan for change, rinse and repeat and i could never get it lower than a few thousand values, and even then when i did a quick scan though i coulnd't see anything which resembled level info (I cant remember exactly what it said but it was something which was along the lines of not in use?)

Also some of the levels dont start when the map loads, instead the timer starts when a sound plays and stops when a sound plays rather than unloading of the map, so i was trying to find those values in game but i have no idea how to search for a file play trigger