MOBO recommendation

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for motherboard ideas. I've been shopping a lot and researching but I am absolutely not sure at this point which one I'd grab.

Here's some info to help

CASE : Cooler Master HAF XB EVO (I know it's an old case but I look it too much compared to standard cases)

FANS : I plan on having 2 fans at the front of the case pulling air in, 1 in the rear pushing air out, and 1 x 200mm at the top pushing air out.

BRAND : By preference, I would want an ASUS, I have just always liked their product line in general.

Other requirements : X570

My concerns which are making this complicated way more than it should be is the fan headers. I have read up on what I could connect where and yes I know it is probably overkill to have the top 200mm fan considering I'm gonna go with a Noctua U14S 140mm CPU cooler but I'm not sure in what cpu_fan header I should plug the top 200mm fan versus the rear fan. I've read that people recommend plugging the rear fan into the CPU_OPT so that they can somewhat be in synch but then that means the top 200mm needs to be plugged where the rear fan would usually be. What do you guys think about this and which motherboard would best suit what I'm trying to do?

Other notes :

- CAD$

- Ideally do not want to pay more than $500 taxes included for MOBO (going somewhat balls to the wall with the build)

- RGB is really really not a necessity (not a fan, pun intended)

- I realise that since I won't be overclocking, the Noctua cpu_cooler is not necessary and the top 200mm is probably not necessary either but I want this bad boy to run super cool (will be putting RTX 3080 in it) and I don't like water cooling.

Any help or feedback is appreciated (^_^).

Nothing wrong with 200mm fans, I like em'.. They move a lot of air quietly.

Any ways, The Cpu_opt fan is for a secondary cooler fan for push pull configuration. So it will follow the thermal rules for the processor Cpu fan temp settings. If the Cpu is over 70c, it will ramp the fans to 100% and manually highest temp setting would be 75c. Something to consider when using case fans on the Cpu_opt header. 

The Crosshair VIII Hero is a nice board. This will be right around the 500$ CA price tag. At the top, 3 headers, Cpu, Cpu_Opt and AIO pump. Pretty sure you can use the AIO as a fan header if need be. 

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Nothing wrong with 200mm fans, I like em'.. They move a lot of air quietly.

Any ways, The Cpu_opt fan is for a secondary cooler fan for push pull configuration. So it will follow the thermal rules for the processor Cpu fan temp settings. If the Cpu is over 70c, it will ramp the fans to 100% and manually highest temp setting would be 75c. Something to consider when using case fans on the Cpu_opt header. 

The Crosshair VIII Hero is a nice board. This will be right around the 500$ CA price tag. At the top, 3 headers, Cpu, Cpu_Opt and AIO pump. Pretty sure you can use the AIO as a fan header if need be. 

Searched the forum and you're right the AIO pump header can be used for a regular fan and even has pwm capabilites. 

That kinda solves my problem. :)