Artifacts when turning the PC on

Matpc

Hello

I´m having a strange issue

When turning on or restarting the computer , i get a flash of artifacts ( it is the same always) that is very fast and then it stops

It is like 1 frame , it is very fast

Playing games or using the PC this doesn´t happen at all

I have a galax 1060 6gb and the latest drivers

No OC

Is it normal or is there a problem?

I ran most of the benchmarks available ( heaven , occt , aida) and no issues ( bsods , freezes)

I´ve wanted to know if this is a problem or a glitch

I´m using windows 10

This doesn´t happen when going to bios instead of windows

Artifacts doesn´t appear anywhere else

It is something like this 

Can it be my monitor? My dvi cable? The gpu output?

Thank you

in my honest opinion its not something i would put too much thought into, if it works, then it works.

1 hour ago, GoodEnough said:

in my honest opinion its not something i would put too much thought into, if it works, then it works.

I would rma if there is something wrong

Can monitors cause artifacts?

It is weird because these artifacts doesn´t happen anywhere else , even heavy benchmarks doesn´t

1 minute ago, Matpc said:

I would rma if there is something wrong

Can monitors cause artifacts?

It is weird because these artifacts doesn´t happen anywhere else , even heavy benchmarks doesn´t

if i were to give you a more reasonable answer its probably just the cord, i know that dp cords give that same flicker on some asus monitors, but its nothing to worry about, im not sure about your dvi cable but if you switch to hdmi you will probably dodge the flicker during startup

11 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

if i were to give you a more reasonable answer its probably just the cord, i know that dp cords give that same flicker on some asus monitors, but its nothing to worry about, im not sure about your dvi cable but if you switch to hdmi you will probably dodge the flicker during startup

I´ve tried a hdmi cable and the same issue persists

But this doesn´t happen on my tv connected through hdmi

4 hours ago, Matpc said:

I´ve tried a hdmi cable and the same issue persists

But this doesn´t happen on my tv connected through hdmi

Your windows dots "froze" for an abnormally long period of time, almost looking like a TDR occurred and the driver reset itself.

Might be a problem with your windows install or configuration, especially if you do not get any crashes in any games.

I've never seen such a filcker on displayport on either my (now dead) Vega 64, my (still working) r9 290X, my laptop MXM GTX 1070 connected to my monitor via mini DP, nor my RTX 3090.  

You can maybe try checking windows event viewer and the system logs and see if an error or TDR occurred while windows was loading, but I'm not sure if logs will be saved that early.

4 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

Your windows dots "froze" for an abnormally long period of time, almost looking like a TDR occurred and the driver reset itself.

Might be a problem with your windows install or configuration, especially if you do not get any crashes in any games.

I've never seen such a filcker on displayport on either my (now dead) Vega 64, my (still working) r9 290X, my laptop MXM GTX 1070 connected to my monitor via mini DP, nor my RTX 3090.  

You can maybe try checking windows event viewer and the system logs and see if an error or TDR occurred while windows was loading, but I'm not sure if logs will be saved that early.

The windows dot doesn´t last as long as the video

I don´t get any artifacts in whe login screen also

It is very fast , between the transition from the red dots to the login screen

Some people say that it could be my monitor?

Since this doesn´t happen on my TV connected through hdmi at all

But i´ve tested my monitor with a hdmi cable and the issue still persists ( i have artifacts with both hdmi and dvi cables)

Thank you

Sorry what is tdr also?

What kind of error should i expect in the even viewer?

I have 8 PerfDiag logger errors idk if this is it

Thank you

I´ve tested my monitor at 50hz (as well as 59.40hz) and the issue doesn´t appear

Could it be my monitor?

Thank you

bump , anyone knows what could be it?

Thank you

So you tried a different hz on your monitor and it doesn't appear? Seems to be your monitor that's the issue then. But if it doesn't do it anywhere else I wouldn't be too concerned. Though if you have warranty left you could probably replace it? I don't know, if it only does it during boot up then that's not too bad of a nuisance?

6 minutes ago, Stockholmes said:

So you tried a different hz on your monitor and it doesn't appear? Seems to be your monitor that's the issue then. But if it doesn't do it anywhere else I wouldn't be too concerned. Though if you have warranty left you could probably replace it? I don't know, if it only does it during boot up then that's not too bad of a nuisance?

I don´t really mind , i´m worried if there is something wrong

My monitor was already replaced due to dead pixels but i´ve never seen this before because i´ve always used my PC connected through the tv and the monitor and the TV was always the primary screen so i´ve never saw this before

I´m seeing this now because i´ve changed my PC to another room and i´ve only connected the monitor 

Also , if i enable csm the issue stops ( both legacy and uefi support)

I don´t know what else to try

Already tried hdmi , dvi differente cables , fresh install with latest drivers

Thank you

1 minute ago, Matpc said:

I don´t really mind , i´m worried if there is something wrong

My monitor was already replaced due to dead pixels but i´ve never seen this before because i´ve always used my PC connected through the tv and the monitor and the TV was always the primary screen so i´ve never saw this before

I´m seeing this now because i´ve changed my PC to another room and i´ve only connected the monitor 

Also , if i enable csm the issue stops ( both legacy and uefi support)

I don´t know what else to try

Already tried hdmi , dvi differente cables , fresh install with latest drivers

Thank you

It's a weird problem you have there for sure, but if the screen doesn't do it anywhere else it might just be some weird bug that's not going to get worse. I'm sorry that I can't be of more help but if I were you I wouldn't stress too much about it. And if you have warranty left, you could always just get a replacement?

1 minute ago, Stockholmes said:

It's a weird problem you have there for sure, but if the screen doesn't do it anywhere else it might just be some weird bug that's not going to get worse. I'm sorry that I can't be of more help but if I were you I wouldn't stress too much about it. And if you have warranty left, you could always just get a replacement?

I still have warranty for my GPU but it is a hard situation since it works really good outside of this bug

I´ve ran intense benchmarks and it is always stable 

Tried aida , occt , heaven , 3dmark , firemark , cinebench

Almost all benchmarks available (most demanding ones) and it never fails

My monitor doesn´t have warranty anymore but i still don´t know

Not sure if it is worth replacing the gpu

Thank you

Just now, Matpc said:

I still have warranty for my GPU but it is a hard situation since it works really good outside of this bug

I´ve ran intense benchmarks and it is always stable 

Tried aida , occt , heaven , 3dmark , firemark , cinebench

Almost all benchmarks available (most demanding ones) and it never fails

My monitor doesn´t have warranty anymore but i still don´t know

Not sure if it is worth replacing the gpu

Thank you

If the problem happens only with the monitor but not with your TV then doesn't that narrow it down to the monitor though? I don't know if replacing the GPU would help if that's the case.

4 minutes ago, Stockholmes said:

If the problem happens only with the monitor but not with your TV then doesn't that narrow it down to the monitor though? I don't know if replacing the GPU would help if that's the case.

I´ve tested right now and my TV only blinks ( it doesn´t artifact)

Yes , i guess it may be the monitor

I´m going to use until it fails since i don´t have warranty anymore

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Matpc said:

I´ve tested right now and my TV only blinks ( it doesn´t artifact)

Yes , i guess it may be the monitor

I´m going to use until it fails since i don´t have warranty anymore

Thanks

Let's hope it's just some weird bug that doesn't get any worse! :) 

3 minutes ago, Stockholmes said:

Let's hope it's just some weird bug that doesn't get any worse! :) 

Yeah xD

Thanks