I have hp omen 15 and it won't boot.

Laptop product number : 4PS40EA#A2N

name : hp omen 15 dc-00001nx 

so when I press the power button key, it lights up but the device -also the fans- doesn't start, the light keeps blinking. The light has a sequence of 5sec long light on, then 3sec off. The light doesn't stoo until I hold the power button key for 10sec. 

I've already tried to do many solutions that I've read online such as removing the battery and turn it on with the adapter only and vice versa, take out the RAM and put it back again, holding the power key for 15sec to reset the memory, trying the windows + v for recovery -the startup menu didn't appear- , yet none of these solutions worked for me.

please help me :"( 

1 minute ago, Ayman-Kun said:

The light has a sequence of 5sec long light on, then 3sec off. The light doesn't stoo until I hold the power button key for 10sec. 

What's the laptop manual have to say about this?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, Ayman-Kun said:

The light has a sequence of 5sec long light on, then 3sec off. The light doesn't stoo until I hold the power button key for 10sec.

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

The laptop is giving you a boot error in the form of long and short lights, similar to beeps. Definitely check the motherboard manual or if you find a service manual for your laptop and check the troubleshooting section to see what this code is. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

In the tutorial video in how to understand the light blinks ..

As I understood there must be a loop start, yet mine doesn't have one it keeps doing the same blink over and over. Actually it has been blinking for 2 hours until now with the same sequence ! 

-I'm trying to make the battery ran out-

40 minutes ago, Ayman-Kun said:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

In the tutorial video in how to understand the light blinks ..

As I understood there must be a loop start, yet mine doesn't have one it keeps doing the same blink over and over. Actually it has been blinking for 2 hours until now with the same sequence ! 

-I'm trying to make the battery ran out-

Could be either a bad power adapter, I've seen that before, or, more likely given it's HP, bad mobo.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

29 minutes ago, Ayman-Kun said:

sorry for the low quality.

Na mate, it's fine. That gives me more info to go on. Hold tight, researching!

31 minutes ago, Ayman-Kun said:

The power button key light, also the battery charging light..

I tried to show u the two lights in this video, sorry for the low quality.

Bad mobo is 1st thought.

Long shot but you could try a new power adapter, but I"m thinking it needs a new mobo.

43 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Bad mobo is 1st thought.

Long shot but you could try a new power adapter, but I"m thinking it needs a new mobo.

So it cannot be a BIOS issue right? 

I forgot to mention when the problem firstly occurred, I was playing my every-day offline video game and suddenly it went off - didn't know the reason and it was not that hot - I tried to turned it on but this problem happened, at that moment I left it cooling for like one hour then tried again but nothing changed.

1 hour ago, Ayman-Kun said:

So it cannot be a BIOS issue right? 

I forgot to mention when the problem firstly occurred, I was playing my every-day offline video game and suddenly it went off - didn't know the reason and it was not that hot - I tried to turned it on but this problem happened, at that moment I left it cooling for like one hour then tried again but nothing changed.

Well, you can't get into the BIOS right?

22 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Well, you can't get into the BIOS right?

No :"( 

For a last try I'm gonna try reprogramming the BIOS IC 

Just hope it will work :")

1 hour ago, Ayman-Kun said:

No :"( 

For a last try I'm gonna try reprogramming the BIOS IC 

Just hope it will work :")

Good luck, let us know how it goes

• 7 months later...
On 10/24/2020 at 1:39 PM, Ayman-Kun said:

I have hp omen 15 and it won't boot.

Laptop product number : 4PS40EA#A2N

name : hp omen 15 dc-00001nx 

so when I press the power button key, it lights up but the device -also the fans- doesn't start, the light keeps blinking. The light has a sequence of 5sec long light on, then 3sec off. The light doesn't stoo until I hold the power button key for 10sec. 

I've already tried to do many solutions that I've read online such as removing the battery and turn it on with the adapter only and vice versa, take out the RAM and put it back again, holding the power key for 15sec to reset the memory, trying the windows + v for recovery -the startup menu didn't appear- , yet none of these solutions worked for me.

please help me :"( 

Hi, I have the exact same problem with my omen 17. I know this is an old post but I am really struggling to find any answers so was wondering if you were able to let me know what happened in the end? Thanks in advanced. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/1/2021 at 2:23 PM, Sketch13 said:

Hi, I have the exact same problem with my omen 17. I know this is an old post but I am really struggling to find any answers so was wondering if you were able to let me know what happened in the end? Thanks in advanced. 

Hello, has anyone found a solution to this issue yet? I've been troubleshooting for days now and cannot come to any conclusion. Please Help!!!