Is G.Skill RAM compatible with iCUE with an Asus mobo

Hi there, I'm wondering if G.Skill RGB memory (Trident Z RGB, Neo and Royal) are compatible with iCUE when you have an Asus motherboard (because Asus motherboards are compatible with iCUE now).

If you mean "can you control the RGB from iCue", then no.  The type of motherboard you have is irrelevant.  You still need to use their utility. https://www.gskill.com/download/1502180912/1551690847/Trident-Z-Family-(RGB,-Royal,-Neo)

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

43 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

If you mean "can you control the RGB from iCue", then no.  The type of motherboard you have is irrelevant.  You still need to use their utility. https://www.gskill.com/download/1502180912/1551690847/Trident-Z-Family-(RGB,-Royal,-Neo)

Thanks. I was just wondering for a possible future rig of mine.

BTW I already have the software because I already have Trident Z RGB memory.

59 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

G.Skill RGB works with the Asus software. I don't know about icue.

I'm not sure about iCUE either but motherboard software definitely works but you won't be able to fully customize each RGB Led as you'll need G.Skills software for that.. 

23 hours ago, dilpickle said:

G.Skill RGB works with the Asus software. I don't know about icue.

22 hours ago, mrdoubtfull said:

I'm not sure about iCUE either but motherboard software definitely works but you won't be able to fully customize each RGB Led as you'll need G.Skills software for that.. 

Sorry, should have specified.  There are several softwares besides the G.Skill one that will work.  iCue just isn't one of them.  I've got that Trident Z RGB RAM myself.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

• 1 month later...