[CeBIT][WARNING : USELESS TECH] MSI's new R9 270 ITX version ......With 6GB VRAM

SSOB

There are a lot of people who buy graphics cards only based on their memory size..

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

384bit 270x?

This is probably for doing stuff that is not demanding in 4k or just running an assload of monitors in eyefinity.

384bit 270x?

What he said. The 270 and 270X were 256 not 384 and had 2 GB so doubling it would mean 4. How the hell did they get it to 6 gigs with a 3 gig bandwidth.

If it's not too underclocked than this could rival the 280X and will surpass the normal 270X.

WTF is going on?

1080/1440p Skyrim with every mod under the sun included.

Other than games like this with mods,. Its probably pointless.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

why......how......what.......

im so lost right now. 

i guess like others have said it could be useful for eyefinity, or undemanding 4k stuff

but still, anyone whos going to run enough monitors to max out that vram will probably be willing to spend much more on a graphics card than a 270.

why dont they just make a 290 with this?

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

1080/1440p Skyrim with every mod under the sun included.

Other than games like this with mods,. Its probably pointless.

I dont know: Skyrim has tons of high resolution texture mods and insanely high resolution armors but some of the ENB mods or others with really high polygon counts like tall, detailed grass mods would still kill this card.

It would help but at what price? If it's on the price range of the 760 then it's a lost cause.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I dont know: Skyrim has tons of high resolution texture mods and insanely high resolution armors but some of the ENB mods or others with really high polygon counts like tall, detailed grass mods would still kill this card.

It would help but at what price? If it's on the price range of the 760 then it's a lost cause.

Totally agree, while Skyrim would actually put it to use, it would still cripple it, just not as bad as other lower vram cards..

If the price is good then... at a stretch... still no :/

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

let's be honest guys, having way too much VRAM isn't something to bitch about. I mean sure, it won't be used, but it's better than not having enough, right? imagine if this card came out with 1gb.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

let's be honest guys, having way too much VRAM isn't something to bitch about. I mean sure, it won't be used, but it's better than not having enough, right? imagine if this card came out with 1gb.

That depends 100% on the price though.

-------

Current Rig

-------

You people need to get it into your daft little heads that Photoshop, many video editing softwares and all sorts of stuff like that will eventually fill ANY frame buffer on ANY bus width and ANY frequency under prolonged use - only for *filling the memory from empty, extremely fast* is there a "pointlessness" to these sorts of card configurations. (Gaming on ultra)

/rant

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

My face palm just leveled up.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You people need to get it into your daft little heads that Photoshop, many video editing softwares and all sorts of stuff like that will eventually fill ANY frame buffer on ANY bus width and ANY frequency under prolonged use - only for *filling the memory from empty, extremely fast* is there a "pointlessness" to these sorts of card configurations. (Gaming on ultra)

/rant

Re: professional workstation cards, you can't argue for professional use of features for a card that is clearly marketed at gamers.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Re: professional workstation cards, you can't argue for professional use of features for a card that is clearly marketed at gamers.

Yeah, because nobody who doesn't own a FirePro or Quattro card uses Photoshop or Sony Vegas.

wait

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yeah, because nobody who doesn't own a FirePro or Quattro card uses Photoshop or Sony Vegas.

wait

I see workstation cards for all budgets, low end, mid range, etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I see workstation cards for all budgets, low end, mid range, etc.

some gamers edit alot to but don't have the money for a work station card

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

6gb ram is baffling to some point but then again kinda pleasing to hear in a geeky way. All that ram in such a small package. 

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

some gamers edit alot to but don't have the money for a work station card

Ok let's take that and assume they're not interested in high end cards, pretty good card for them yes. So far we've came up with 2 possible users for this

1) Gamers that are in the market for a mid-range card but do a lot of image and video editing

2) Skyrim fans that want to run tons of mods but not all of them (i.e. grass mods will still kill this card at higher resolutions) 

3) Space conscious users who are betting on Mantle and/or have an irrational hatred of Nvidia (for other space conscious users the 750ti or specially the other MSI ITX card based on a 760 would be a much better choice)

So yes there is a market for some customers here, an extremely narrow niche of users.

-------

Current Rig

-------