From potato to budget gamer!!!!!

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
6 minutes ago, CutePanda said:

but when i searched their official website it shows there is no encoder

you are right, they changed the rules from generation to generation and it seems the 1030 does not have support for NVENC. seems the 1030 does not have it which is usually only true of mobile GPUs

sorry to confuse

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

im just so excited that im goin for a 'old beast' kind of upgrade!!!!

My Current Specs:

specs:                                                                                

Processor: AMD Sempron 145 (Unlocked into athlon ii x2 4450e)                                 

Motherboard: Asus m4n68t-m le v2                        

Ram: Apotop 1333Mhz 4gb ddr3 ram                

SSD: Crucial BX500 120gig ssd                  

Hard drive: Seagate 7200rpm 500gig          

Graphics card: Geforce 7025 intergrated               

PSU: Zebronics 250 watt psu

My Future Specs:                                                                               

Processor: AMD Phenom X4 955                                    

Motherboard: Asus m4n68t-m le v2                        

Ram: 8gig 1600mhz                     

SSD: Crucial BX500 120gig ssd                      

Hard drive: Seagate 7200rpm 500gig          

Graphics card: Zotac gt 1030 2gb ddr5                

PSU: Not decided yet

I jut wanted to share this with you guys and i want to know whether can i stream pubg emulator cuz it seems to consume only two cores......

and i u guys have any other suggestions pls lemme know

12 minutes ago, CutePanda said:

Graphics card: Zotac gt 1030 2gb ddr5

Are you buying from the used market, or can you? If so, try to get a GTX 750 TI or GTX 950 cause they're almost always cheaper and they're most certainly better.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Are you buying from the used market, or can you? If so, try to get a GTX 750 TI or GTX 950 cause they're almost always cheaper and they're most certainly better.

i got the gpu from amazon and the processor is used i think

2 minutes ago, CutePanda said:

i got the gpu from amazon and the processor is used i think

the GT 1030 is listed as "future specs" so I didn't know that you'd already got it.

for streaming, do it off the graphics card with NVENC so that the CPU can be free to use all its resources to game. The NVENC encoder doesn't take away from GPU performance too which is ideal

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

the GT 1030 is listed as "future specs" so I didn't know that you'd already got it.

for streaming, do it off the graphics card with NVENC so that the CPU can be free to use all its resources to game. The NVENC encoder doesn't take away from GPU performance too which is ideal

are u saying that using gpu for streaming dosent reduce the performance much?

i ordered the gpu on amazon and it will arrive next week.....

thanks a  lot it was really informative, 

Just now, CutePanda said:

are u saying that using gpu for streaming dosent reduce the performance much?

i ordered the gpu on amazon and it will arrive next week.....

thanks a  lot it was really informative, 

Yes, all Nvidia graphics cards since the 600 series has an encoding unit (or two) inside that is only used for recording and streaming. If you have an underpowered CPU, streaming with NVENC is a good choice.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Yes, all Nvidia graphics cards since the 600 series has an encoding unit (or two) inside that is only used for recording and streaming. If you have an underpowered CPU, streaming with NVENC is a good choice.

OH MA GOD..... THIS IS INSANE!!...... THIS IS TREMENDOUS!!!.......... 🤣

thanks a lot, finally i can achive my dream!!!!

42 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

6 minutes ago, CutePanda said:

you are right, they changed the rules from generation to generation and it seems the 1030 does not have support for NVENC. seems the 1030 does not have it which is usually only true of mobile GPUs

sorry to confuse

Primary PC: