Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've got... er had, a dusty computer. I could have gone out and bought a can of air but... a can of air... nopenopelotsanope.

So dust just kept building. (I live in a scrub desert so lots of it)

Then I came into some spare $$ and started getting stuff that I wanted but could never afford. And happened across something while looking for a regular feather duster.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RKYWBD2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's about the size of a small tea pot. The idea tickled my fancy so I got it. Would be fun and my geek was bouncing in glee. I got it. Small. Well it should work. So I plugged it in, without getting a dust make, I mean it wouldn't blow that hard for what I paid for it right? It even had 2 speeds. Low and high.

So I pointed it into my pc, turned off of course, and WOOOSH! Flailing about I rushed for my mask in the massive cloud of dust that filled my room.

It's small. It's light. it is Extremely effective. So if you want to blow dust out without having to BUY a can of AIR. This lil guy is a fun to.. ol to play with. I just had to share.

Yep, its a great little duster. I 2 use a data vac duster, different brand though. Will never buy canned air ever again. 

PSU Tier List Thread

Please make sure to Quote me or Tag me to see your reply!

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-16-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 hours ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

I've got... er had, a dusty computer. I could have gone out and bought a can of air but... a can of air... nopenopelotsanope.

So dust just kept building. (I live in a scrub desert so lots of it)

Then I came into some spare $$ and started getting stuff that I wanted but could never afford. And happened across something while looking for a regular feather duster.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RKYWBD2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's about the size of a small tea pot. The idea tickled my fancy so I got it. Would be fun and my geek was bouncing in glee. I got it. Small. Well it should work. So I plugged it in, without getting a dust make, I mean it wouldn't blow that hard for what I paid for it right? It even had 2 speeds. Low and high.

So I pointed it into my pc, turned off of course, and WOOOSH! Flailing about I rushed for my mask in the massive cloud of dust that filled my room.

It's small. It's light. it is Extremely effective. So if you want to blow dust out without having to BUY a can of AIR. This lil guy is a fun to.. ol to play with. I just had to share.

Be careful and unplug fans when doing this. It's a great way to kill components. 

I always tape my FANS when I do this so they don't spin. 

Otherwise welcome to a dust free experience I guess, OP. :)

RYZEN 5 3600 | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

added this to my wishlist, I am ocd about computer cleanliness

Main Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x  | GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P350x | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Redragon K556 | Monitors: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

Laptop: Motile M141 - CPU: Ryzen 3 3200U | GPU: Vega 3 igpu | RAM: 8gb DDR4 2400MHz | STORAGE: 120GB SATA M.2 | OS: Windows 10 Home

38 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

16 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Be careful and unplug fans when doing this. It's a great way to kill components. 

been using mine now for about 6 or 7 years and never once have I ever damaged a fan. I also clean mine about every 2-3 months so lots of use. 

PSU Tier List Thread

Please make sure to Quote me or Tag me to see your reply!

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-16-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

36 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

been using mine now for about 6 or 7 years and never once have I ever damaged a fan. I also clean mine about every 2-3 months so lots of use. 

It's not the fans that you need to worry about, it's the stuff that they plug into. Manually spinning the fan creates an electric current. If you spin fast enough, you can send enough current to kill the motherboard or fan hub. It's rare, but not unheard of. 

3 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

It's not the fans that you need to worry about, it's the stuff that they plug into. Manually spinning the fan creates an electric current. If you spin fast enough, you can send enough current to kill the motherboard or fan hub. It's rare, but not unheard of. 

Ack!!!

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I've used a long rubber band and a spring clothespin where I use the rubber band to loop around one fan blade and clip the rubber band on the back side where the supports run out to the motor hub of the fan....but I'm to lazy after trying it out the first time and just use my fingers to prevent the fan from spinning. 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  |  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3200  |  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  |  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  |  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  |  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  |  PSU: EVGA P2 850W  |  Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB  |  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with Romer-G Tactile Switches  |  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM300 Extended  |  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

I have a similar duster and it works great. Save me a lot of money from buying dust spray can. Keep in mind do not point this duster close to motherboard and such because this duster blow power is very strong that can blow some components out of the motherboard easily. 

Every dollar counts towards other things so I just clean my pc the old fashioned way by taking a cloth and wiping things down if need be.  Also to clean out the heatsink I just use toothpicks or whatever laying around if there is dust I can't get out just wiping and blowing on it.  Don't think I will ever buy anything of any real cost to clean my pcs.