Dust is gone.

Aree Soothsayer

I've got... er had, a dusty computer. I could have gone out and bought a can of air but... a can of air... nopenopelotsanope.

So dust just kept building. (I live in a scrub desert so lots of it)

Then I came into some spare $$ and started getting stuff that I wanted but could never afford. And happened across something while looking for a regular feather duster.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RKYWBD2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's about the size of a small tea pot. The idea tickled my fancy so I got it. Would be fun and my geek was bouncing in glee. I got it. Small. Well it should work. So I plugged it in, without getting a dust make, I mean it wouldn't blow that hard for what I paid for it right? It even had 2 speeds. Low and high.

So I pointed it into my pc, turned off of course, and WOOOSH! Flailing about I rushed for my mask in the massive cloud of dust that filled my room.

It's small. It's light. it is Extremely effective. So if you want to blow dust out without having to BUY a can of AIR. This lil guy is a fun to.. ol to play with. I just had to share.

Yep, its a great little duster. I 2 use a data vac duster, different brand though. Will never buy canned air ever again. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 hours ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

I've got... er had, a dusty computer. I could have gone out and bought a can of air but... a can of air... nopenopelotsanope.

So dust just kept building. (I live in a scrub desert so lots of it)

Then I came into some spare $$ and started getting stuff that I wanted but could never afford. And happened across something while looking for a regular feather duster.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RKYWBD2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's about the size of a small tea pot. The idea tickled my fancy so I got it. Would be fun and my geek was bouncing in glee. I got it. Small. Well it should work. So I plugged it in, without getting a dust make, I mean it wouldn't blow that hard for what I paid for it right? It even had 2 speeds. Low and high.

So I pointed it into my pc, turned off of course, and WOOOSH! Flailing about I rushed for my mask in the massive cloud of dust that filled my room.

It's small. It's light. it is Extremely effective. So if you want to blow dust out without having to BUY a can of AIR. This lil guy is a fun to.. ol to play with. I just had to share.

Be careful and unplug fans when doing this. It's a great way to kill components. 

I always tape my FANS when I do this so they don't spin. 

Otherwise welcome to a dust free experience I guess, OP. :)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

38 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

16 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Be careful and unplug fans when doing this. It's a great way to kill components. 

been using mine now for about 6 or 7 years and never once have I ever damaged a fan. I also clean mine about every 2-3 months so lots of use. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

36 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

been using mine now for about 6 or 7 years and never once have I ever damaged a fan. I also clean mine about every 2-3 months so lots of use. 

It's not the fans that you need to worry about, it's the stuff that they plug into. Manually spinning the fan creates an electric current. If you spin fast enough, you can send enough current to kill the motherboard or fan hub. It's rare, but not unheard of. 

3 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

It's not the fans that you need to worry about, it's the stuff that they plug into. Manually spinning the fan creates an electric current. If you spin fast enough, you can send enough current to kill the motherboard or fan hub. It's rare, but not unheard of. 

Ack!!!

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I've used a long rubber band and a spring clothespin where I use the rubber band to loop around one fan blade and clip the rubber band on the back side where the supports run out to the motor hub of the fan....but I'm to lazy after trying it out the first time and just use my fingers to prevent the fan from spinning. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I have a similar duster and it works great. Save me a lot of money from buying dust spray can. Keep in mind do not point this duster close to motherboard and such because this duster blow power is very strong that can blow some components out of the motherboard easily. 

an blow dryer can work with and cold air button and some moded tips.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Every dollar counts towards other things so I just clean my pc the old fashioned way by taking a cloth and wiping things down if need be.  Also to clean out the heatsink I just use toothpicks or whatever laying around if there is dust I can't get out just wiping and blowing on it.  Don't think I will ever buy anything of any real cost to clean my pcs.