Help with upgrading my PC

Ranar

Hey guys, first of all I have read some posts here in the forum and you are amazing!

I wanted to upgrade my PC a little bit, I am not a pro gamer and I have built the pc myself with some help from YouTube videos and sites like bottleneck calculator.

I do feel like the PC lacks something, I cant point out what is the problem but I want more power. I have listed a full description of the PC and peripherals if there is some information missing I am sorry I don't have a big understanding in PC building.

The setup is fairly new, it is half a year old. I hope you could help me with telling me what should I make stronger, is it just the CPU or is it just the GPU? Maybe I am missing some important steps after building a PC? (I updated all of the drivers i could find. and the original software`s of each component`s manufacturer.

Budget (including currency): depends

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: League Of Legends, GTA V, Cyberpunk 2077 (when it comes out)

Other details: 

PC:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8Ghz

CPU Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 rev.2

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8GB GDDR6

RAM: HyperX FURY Black 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Kit 

SSD: Kingston A2000 M.2 SA2000M8/500G 500GB SSD PCIe NVMe

HDD: Seagate Barracuda HDD 1TB Sata III ST1000DM010

PSU: SeaSonic 650W Gold Active PFC 12CM Fan SSP-650RT

Case: Sharkoon lit 200

Peripherals:

Screen: LG Ultrawide 29" 2560x1080 29UM69G-B (with AMD free-sync)

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Elite - Yellow switch

Mouse mat: Razer Firefly V2

Thank you all guys! you are an amazing community!

14 minutes ago, Ranar said:

Might just be that your monitor is 75Hz. What framerates are you getting with free sync off? Anything higher than 75fps would indicate that your monitor is bottlenecking your system (and I suspect this is the case)

8 minutes ago, Ranar said:

Hey guys, first of all I have read some posts here in the forum and you are amazing!

I wanted to upgrade my PC a little bit, I am not a pro gamer and I have built the pc myself with some help from YouTube videos and sites like bottleneck calculator.

I do feel like the PC lacks something, I cant point out what is the problem but I want more power. I have listed a full description of the PC and peripherals if there is some information missing I am sorry I don't have a big understanding in PC building.

The setup is fairly new, it is half a year old. I hope you could help me with telling me what should I make stronger, is it just the CPU or is it just the GPU? Maybe I am missing some important steps after building a PC? (I updated all of the drivers i could find. and the original software`s of each component`s manufacturer.

Budget (including currency): depends

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: League Of Legends, GTA V, Cyberpunk 2077 (when it comes out)

Other details: 

PC:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8Ghz

CPU Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 rev.2

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8GB GDDR6

RAM: HyperX FURY Black 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Kit 

SSD: Kingston A2000 M.2 SA2000M8/500G 500GB SSD PCIe NVMe

HDD: Seagate Barracuda HDD 1TB Sata III ST1000DM010

PSU: SeaSonic 650W Gold Active PFC 12CM Fan SSP-650RT

Case: Sharkoon lit 200

Peripherals:

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Elite - Yellow switch

Mouse mat: Razer Firefly V2

Thank you all guys! you are an amazing community!

Razer fanboy/girl I see... Intereseting...

Ehm! Anyways. I can't see that your PC needs an upgrade, unless you are playing on ultra graphics and really want over 144hz. Upgrade your peripherals instead. I have a feeling they're going to break just outside of the warranty period. EDIT: I agree with @AndrewZScorpion

Mind me asking what headset/headphones do you have also? 

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

3 minutes ago, AndrewZScorpion said:

Might just be that your monitor is 75Hz. What framerates are you getting with free sync off? Anything higher than 75fps would indicate that your monitor is bottlenecking your system (and I suspect this is the case)

Well it is ultrawide and 144hz ultrawide is pretty damn expensive.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

5 minutes ago, AndrewZScorpion said:

Hey Thanks for the response. when is is turned off I get around 250-300 fps in League Of legends which is the main game I play.

4 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Razer fanboy/girl I see... Intereseting...

Ehm! Anyways. I can't see that your PC needs an upgrade, unless you are playing on ultra graphics and really want over 144hz. Upgrade your peripherals instead. I have a feeling they're going to break just outside of the warranty period. EDIT: I agree with @AndrewZScorpion

Mind me asking what headset/headphones do you have also? 

Hey,  Actually I'm not a fan boy I bought the mouse because I like the fact that it is big and wireless and fits my hand perfectly, the keyboard and mouse mat was my GF`s gift to go with the mouse haha. And I`m using the Bose QC 35 ii.

Just now, Ranar said:

Hey,  Actually I'm not a fan boy I bought the mouse because I like the fact that it is big and wireless and fits my hand perfectly, the keyboard and mouse mat was my GF`s gift to go with the mouse haha. And I`m using the Bose QC 35 ii.

So yeah. The reason you want more power is because you are bottlenecking with only 72hz. I have 144 and I never go back. It is like drugs haha xDjk. Anyways. Get a good monitor with atleast 120hz!

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

right, your system looks good, is well balanced and you're saying that you get 200fps on your main game. why do you want to upgrade? what do you wish it could do more?

5 minutes ago, Ranar said:

Hey Thanks for the response. when is is turned off I get around 250-300 fps in League Of legends which is the main game I play.

If you have a friend/family member with a 144/240hz monitor, ask them if you can borrow it to test how it feels. If not, see if a local shop will let you test one out.

3 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

So yeah. The reason you want more power is because you are bottlenecking with only 72hz. I have 144 and I never go back. It is like drugs haha xDjk. Anyways. Get a good monitor with atleast 120hz!

Haha well ok man thanks for all the help!

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

right, your system looks good, is well balanced and you're saying that you get 200fps on your main game. why do you want to upgrade? what do you wish it could do more?

I dont know I just feel that it lacks some smoothness I guess it`s the monitor like the other guys said.

4 minutes ago, AndrewZScorpion said:

If you have a friend/family member with a 144/240hz monitor, ask them if you can borrow it to test how it feels. If not, see if a local shop will let you test one out.

Sadly no shop lets you try things out here before you buy it, and I am the only "gamer" among my relatives and all my friends play on gaming laptops which is a whole different experience.

2 minutes ago, Ranar said:

Sadly no shop lets you try things out here before you buy it, and I am the only "gamer" among my relatives and all my friends play on gaming laptops which is a whole different experience.

You could get a normal sized 16:9 curved 1440p 144 or 165hz monitor if you still want curved.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

Just now, Ranar said:

Damn. Guess you could buy one and return it if you aren't satisfied with it. Not sure there's anything else you could really do in that case.

1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

You could get a normal curved 1440p 144 or 165hz monitor if you still want curved.

I Don`t have a curved monitor right now i use the ultrawide to multitask which is important for my work. Do you know any recommended ultrawide monitors? (pref a 144HZ one I believe the 240 is very expensive)

Just now, Ranar said:

I Don`t have a curved monitor right now i use the ultrawide to multitask which is important for my work. Do you know any recommended ultrawide monitors? (pref a 144HZ one I believe the 240 is very expensive)

Sorry i thought it was curved my bad. 

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

3 minutes ago, Ranar said:

Sadly I can't find any haha. 

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

30 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Sorry i thought it was curved my bad. 

All cool man!

28 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Sadly I can't find any haha. 

yeah i also searched for some and the only monitors I found are HELLA expensive