Here's why HTC M8 has Dual Cameras

RedRound2

HTC experiments with cameras to set its One phones apart and The All New One will have two cameras but we didn’t know why until now. We have a photo of a Telstra (a big Australian carrier) brochure detailing the phone's feature and confirming the "all new" name.

The so-called Duo Camera will allow the user to choose the focus point and create bokeh effects. The camera will also enable 3D effects. Presumably "effects" means more than just 3D photos and videos.

The adjustable focus has become very popular since Nokia released the Refocus app and all flagships have it – the Galaxy S5, the Xperia Z2 and the LG G Pro 2 have it. However with two cameras on board the 2014 One won't have to do multiple shots with one camera and should yield better results.

HTC had a dual-camera, 3D-shooting phone previously, the HTC Evo 3D, but that didn’t work out great.

It remains to be seen if HTC's gamble will pay off, plus we still don't have many details – camera resolution, optical stabilization, video resolution and so on. The dual-LED, dual color flash is a lock though.

post-39338-0-79850000-1394533556_thumb.j

Other feature of the All New HTC One that the Telstra brochure details are the 5" 1080p screen, BoomSound speakers on the front and double tap to wake.

The phone will cost AUD 840 (RRP) off-contract, which is $760 / €550.

SOURCE: http://www.gsmarena.com/exclusive_heres_why_the_htc_m8_has_two_cameras-news-8002.php

Yes,bokeh!

Bokeh-Photography-Technique.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

My next phone, don't care about bokeh effects but sharper, more accurate pics will be a plus

Sounds like a lot of extra hardware for something that will be marginally better than what Nokia managed to do with software.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

some what amazed leaks coming from Australia since we usually get stuff 6 months late

Its all about those volumetric clouds

This looks interesting. I might consider upgrading if there is a Google Play Edition. I don't want all that extra junk clogging up the pure Android experience. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

We should create a law that forced phone developers to focus on their software for a year. I don't need better cameras at this point.

I could pick any of the top tier models and the cameras will be plenty good for 99% of peoples need. Focus on getting the phones to work better. Focus on build quality(And im referring to metal cases), signals, and other similar stuff.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

We should create a law that forced phone developers to focus on their software for a year. I don't need better cameras at this point.

I could pick any of the top tier models and the cameras will be plenty good for 99% of peoples need. Focus on getting the phones to work better. Focus on build quality(And im referring to metal cases), signals, and other similar stuff.

It innovating I want - thinking of new useful features that we don't have at the moment - hardware or software.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

It innovating I want - thinking of new useful features that we don't have at the moment - hardware or software.

I agree, but I just feel like we are just getting an arms race instead. Who can get the most pixels and who can get the highest number of mega pixels in their cameras.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I agree, but I just feel like we are just getting an arms race instead. Who can get the most pixels and who can get the highest number of mega pixels in their cameras.

Yes. New phones has 2.5Ghz quad core vs old one had 2.4Ghz quad core....or 440ppi rather than 420ppi. 8.1MP rather than 8Mp...just annoying

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Yes. New phones has 2.5Ghz quad core vs old one had 2.4Ghz quad core....or 440ppi rather than 420ppi. 8.1MP rather than 8Mp...just annoying

Okay, fair point....But there still isn't a focus on making the basic things right and instead focusing on all this gimmick stuff. What about making the audio quality better? Or making the OS run perfectly. Instead of focusing on heartrate monitors and finger print scanners...

But your point is correct. Those are not big changes. Although I think the MP argument kinda works since the actual picture quality takes a back seat to to having more MP.