Building help

SerMark

Good evening all you tech tip fans! I'm currently in the process of scrambling around and making a list of parts to make my first pc ever. I would like some help, I just wanna know if the parts im getting are compatible with one another or if I should change out some parts for others. It would be very much appreciated thanks in advance! P.s this pc will be used for games and video editing.

My current parts list:

ASUS Am4 Tuf Gaming x570-plus

Amd ryzen 5 3600

G.skill Trident Z neo 16gb (2×8gb)

Samsung 970 evo 500gb

Asus GeForce gtx 1650 super 4 gb

Just now, Grabhanem said:

The parts you have should be compatible.

Personally I'd spend less on the motherboard and memory and more on the GPU, but that's up to you.

What would you suggest on changes? I want as much feed back as I can get.

Just now, SerMark said:

What would you suggest on changes? I want as much feed back as I can get.

Why don't you get a b450 motherboard that supports 3rd gen?

I have the r5 3600 too and i would suggest Asus tuf B450 plus or pro version, 

or if you want to further spend in other parts, just get the MSI Tomahawk Max or even the TUF b450m versions 

( other alternatives being MSI m450m mortar max or bazooka max wifi )

and spend the money on your graphics card, look for the 1660 series, or if budget permits, even the rtx 2060

also ps, do you really need rgb ram, just asking lol

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

17 minutes ago, CouRageRC said:

Why don't you get a b450 motherboard that supports 3rd gen?

I have the r5 3600 too and i would suggest Asus tuf B450 plus or pro version, 

or if you want to further spend in other parts, just get the MSI Tomahawk Max or even the TUF b450m versions 

( other alternatives being MSI m450m mortar max or bazooka max wifi )

and spend the money on your graphics card, look for the 1660 series, or if budget permits, even the rtx 2060

also ps, do you really need rgb ram, just asking lol

I mean I could change it out any suggestions? Also what power supply would you recommend? Please and thanks 

Just now, SerMark said:

I mean I could change it out any suggestions?

I did not get what you meant lol, did you mean the ram? because then instead of rgb, you can faster speed ram

Just now, SerMark said:

Also what power supply would you recommend?

A 450w is the bare minimum, so i would recommend a 500-550w one, but personally I use a 650w one as i tend to upgrade

Regarding brand, first choice should be Corsair, so get like a Cv550 to give you good performance and not a lot of money

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

24 minutes ago, CouRageRC said:

I did not get what you meant lol, did you mean the ram? because then instead of rgb, you can faster speed ram

A 450w is the bare minimum, so i would recommend a 500-550w one, but personally I use a 650w one as i tend to upgrade

Regarding brand, first choice should be Corsair, so get like a Cv550 to give you good performance and not a lot of money

I found a decent power supply the corsair cv series cv500 and for graphics card what company are you suggesting?? Evga or Asus?

Just now, SerMark said:

I found a decent power supply the corsair cv series cv500 and for graphics card what company are you suggesting?? Evga or Asus?

Asus has all bells and whistles, but EVGA is pretty reputable, you can even look at Gigabyte, whichever is cheaper, as all models do not have a difference in real-time unless overclocked

1 minute ago, CouRageRC said:

Asus has all bells and whistles, but EVGA is pretty reputable, you can even look at Gigabyte, whichever is cheaper, as all models do not have a difference in real-time unless overclocked

Thank you very much you've been a really big help and I'm thankful.

Just now, SerMark said:

Thank you very much you've been a really big help and I'm thankful.

No problem, glad I could help :) 

1 hour ago, CouRageRC said:

No problem, glad I could help :) 

Sorry to bother but while getting my parts list ready I got this on pcpartpicker, is this something I should significantly be worried about ?? 

20201022_002925.jpg

55 minutes ago, SerMark said:

Sorry to bother but while getting my parts list ready I got this on pcpartpicker, is this something I should significantly be worried about ?? 

20201022_002925.jpg

no coz the ones i suggested support 3600

8 hours ago, CouRageRC said:

no coz the ones i suggested support 3600

Alright because this is the motherboard I chose, I just want to make sure I don't have any problems while hooking it up

Screenshot_20201022-095233_Newegg.jpg

14 hours ago, SerMark said:

Alright because this is the motherboard I chose, I just want to make sure I don't have any problems while hooking it up

Screenshot_20201022-095233_Newegg.jpg

It has support 

Also sorry for the late reply time difference sucks 

On 10/22/2020 at 11:57 PM, CouRageRC said:

It has support 

Also sorry for the late reply time difference sucks 

No worries man you've been a great help, I'm grateful that you have answered all my questions and wasn't a dick about it 

15 hours ago, SerMark said:

No worries man you've been a great help, I'm grateful that you have answered all my questions and wasn't a dick about it 

:D glad i could help!!