Need Help with HDD urgently

farshid0018

Hi guys

just joined here,and long story short.yesterday i Dropped my archive HDD on the floor while it was still attach to my HDD hub,

So that end up with one of the partitions on the hard drive not working and didnt show up

I tried everything

Using Software to using CMD commend to run check disk

SO i end up formatting the partition which now everything is normal.

Does anybody know a good software to recover the folders and name of the files ?

I don't want the actual file recover,because its a 1TB partition would take forever,just need the name of folders and files.

29 minutes ago, farshid0018 said:

Hi guys

just joined here,and long story short.yesterday i Dropped my archive HDD on the floor while it was still attach to my HDD hub,

So that end up with one of the partitions on the hard drive not working and didnt show up

I tried everything

Does anybody know a good software to recover the folders and name of the files ?

I don't want the actual file recover,because its a 1TB partition would take forever,just need the name of folders and files.

I believe R-Undelete will give you said info.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

55 minutes ago, farshid0018 said:

Since you formatted you precisely lost all the filename and directory info, file recovery is still possible but without said info. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 hours ago, farshid0018 said:

Hi guys

I tried everything

I think the lesson from this story is that SSDs are the future. and Im pretty sure that when you format a hard drive it physically erases all of the data that was writen on it, and thats why formating hard drives take really long. Unlike SSDs which when you format them they dont erase the data (because SSDs cant really delete data) they just act like the data that was on it isnt a thing and write over it. 

51 minutes ago, Elad.Evron said:

think the lesson from this story is that SSDs are the future. and Im pretty sure that when you format a hard drive it physically erases all of the data that was writen on it, and thats why formating hard drives take really long.

A default quick format does not take long nor erase data.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 10/21/2020 at 5:39 PM, Radium_Angel said:

I believe R-Undelete will give you said info.

tried it last night,but suddenly stopped in middle of it and since this morning till now couldn't get the drive to work again.

and start to make freaky noise and the second partition now doesn't show up anymore.

1 minute ago, farshid0018 said:

tried it last night,but suddenly stopped in middle of it and since this morning till now couldn't get the drive to work again.

and start to make freaky noise and the second partition now doesn't show up anymore.

Actually you misspoke,because its the SDD that has no mechanical disk to write on it so when its die its dead completely

but they die much less often 

Just now, Elad.Evron said:

but they die much less often 

yeah true.but they have a life span.

25 minutes ago, farshid0018 said:

Drive is toast

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

25 minutes ago, farshid0018 said:

yeah true.but they have a life span.

You'd most likely never hit that "life span" from its actual rating. Its more common that HDD drives die since it has moving parts, rather than an SSD dying from too much writing. Also in my experience from other flash memory (SD and USB Flash drives), they don't just die and you can't access it anymore, they don't allow you to write to the disk anymore, but you can still access the old data (although what killed it was from the constant writing/formatting I did since it was used in a homebrewed 3DS, and so they could die differently).

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

On 10/23/2020 at 1:17 AM, Radium_Angel said:

Drive is toast

At this point i dont care about my data anymore,Just hope warranty change the HDD and give me a new one. :/

On 10/23/2020 at 1:25 AM, SlashedM said:

You'd most likely never hit that "life span" from its actual rating. Its more common that HDD drives die since it has moving parts, rather than an SSD dying from too much writing. Also in my experience from other flash memory (SD and USB Flash drives), they don't just die and you can't access it anymore, they don't allow you to write to the disk anymore, but you can still access the old data (although what killed it was from the constant writing/formatting I did since it was used in a homebrewed 3DS, and so they could die differently).

True actually.