900D Airflow.

X1XNobleX1X

94508882.png

What do you guys think?

I'm trying to keep a positive air pressure inside the cake. 

Front

Three ~ Intake ~ (Corsair SP 120 or Noctua NF-F12 ) Depending on whether I want to keep the drive trays in. 

Top three/four intake  ~ H100i Two SP 120's and two AF120's/ NF-S12A 

Bottom four: ~ Intake ~ (Corsair SP 120 or Noctua NF-F12 ) 

Back: Exhaust ~ AF140/ NF-A14 

Three GTX Titans also Exhausting.

What do you guys think?

Comment below

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

That if you're getting 3 Titan's then you may want to look at a Caselabs case.

Those bottom 4 fans are doing pretty much nothing...

What Windspeed said.

The 900D is more of a watercooled case than an air cooling case. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

You should make the airflow of  the case flow like the hot air naturally goes... Up.

Those 4 fans on the top should be exausting heat out of the case instead of being an air intake as they are on the picture.

there is such a thing as too much positive pressure.

air remains stagnate trying to exhaust, so the internals will not cool effectively

and simply burn up from lack of air-flow. depending on actual case ventilation.

11:1 (eleven intake and one exhaust) is a bad idea. generally, one maybe two

more intake over the exhaust fan count is plenty to have a good positive flow.

airdeano

Isn't it possible to install 6 intake fans in the bottom? + 2/3 in the front, than the 4 top Exhaust + 1 rear exhaust. But if you really have to money for 3 Titans, why no watercooling? I mean a H100i + 3 Titans is strange

The best way to use the corsair 900D is to water cool it and that is the main advantage of using the 900D over the over cases.

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

94446910.jpg

Changed my airflow due to the negativity of my airflow design.

So now there is 7 intakes and 4 exhausts. 7: 4

Plus the Titans are also exhausting just a FYI .

What do you guys think of this design. 

I'm trying to reduce the dust in the case to none if possible , this is why I'm wanting positive pressure. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

94446910.jpg

Changed my airflow due to the negativity of my airflow design.

So now there is 7 intakes and 4 exhausts. 7: 4

Plus the Titans are also exhausting just a FYI .

What do you guys think of this design. 

I'm trying to reduce the dust in the case to none if possible , this is why I'm wanting positive pressure. 

Just flip that rear fan to an intake and you're good. 

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

If you're running 3 GTX Titans you should be water-cooling them no-matter what. If you sandwich up 3 high end cards on air you're gonna have a bad time.

What fans do you guys recommend?

I'm looking into the Corsair ones and the noctua.

I understand that the Noctua's perform a lot better.

Also if I were to water cool, what parts would I need?

What are some recommended radiators, pumps etc...

I say this with absolute certainty that there is nobody on this forum who is trying to deny the absolute awesomeness in running 3 Titans in a single build.  With that said is there a paticular reason you're going to run 3 Titans?  On top of that, liquid cooling this rig I have to say is really the only option for running this kind of equipment in the configuration you have shown efficiently.  In no way am I repying with this because I'm an expert of any sort, but it's pretty clear that for one; the 900D is ultimately designed behind a custom liquid cooler's funhouse; Two, running those 3 titans ... or even 2 Titans stacked on top of eachother aircooled is a bottlnecking idea.  The way the GPU Boost technology on those cards works is based on temperature of the GPU's.  It's pointless to run them (more than one) if you're just going to aircool because you're not getting your moneys worth of performance.  IMHO, it kinda seems like this is a "I bought the latest and greatest" type of build.  I don't mean this with dis-respect, all of these guys who have posted are trying to help just like me. 

Nobody is saying you should liquid cool just to liquid cool.  Witht his calibur of build, it is almost imperative that you liquid cool it in order to get the most out of all that hardware.  I'll leave it at that for now bro, the idea is awesome minus the aircooled idea for all those cards.  I'm afraid this post seems a bit elitest.....

Go figure while I was typing up that post you replied asking about liquid cooling, lol.

Just flip that rear fan to an intake and you're good. 

No, bad idea. Leave it as an exhaust. Heat rises, so when his GPUs push air out the back, it's going to rise up and get caught by the rear fan and get sucked back into the CPU.

That if you're getting 3 Titan's then you may want to look at a Caselabs case.

Those bottom 4 fans are doing pretty much nothing...

Maybe a TJ11 or something from Silverstone as an alternative. But I do love Caselabs cases though.

If you're running 3 GTX Titans you should be water-cooling them no-matter what. If you sandwich up 3 high end cards on air you're gonna have a bad time.

Even with a 1 slot gap mounted at a 90 degree angle they still get pretty darn hot, big chip+weak cooler is a no go in my book. But on water they're complete monsters

No, bad idea. Leave it as an exhaust. Heat rises, so when his GPUs push air out the back, it's going to rise up and get caught by the rear fan and get sucked back into the CPU.

I doubt that would happen to an extent where it mattered at all.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Do you guys think this is the best airflow for keeping out dust?

The ratio between intakes to exhausts is 7 intakes and 5 exhausts.

Anyone?

the 900D is really full of holes...did you watch TTL Video? I don't think a 900D can be really dustfree, you would need to add some dustfilters

If you're going to air cool only, don't use the 900D.  If you're only going to air cool, don't use 3 GTX Titans in SLI.  If you're going to air cool, decide on a different build and find a case that is filtered.