What Ethernet to use for my home network?

JewishBacon

I have my router in my house and my office is in a small building about 75 feet worth of network run away.  I totally lucked out and the previous owner to the house had a landline in there. I found where I need to route the new ethernet cable to pull it through with the existing landline cable.  My next question is what type of cable should I get?  I want to be able to connect to my office with  really good throughput so in the future when I upgrade to gigabit I dont have a bottleneck.  I dont have any hardline in the main house but I do have a smart TV I would like to be able to stream from my home server (in the office) via plex. 

Im thinking cat 8?   because amazon has a $10 off code right now to get it for the same price as a comparable cat 7 cable 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08297H55Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A24MI98OIL2NEP&psc=1 

OR 

is this really just stupid and I should just go for the cat 6?

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

Unless you need 25Gbps or 40Gbps over copper, Cat8 is not for you.

Just stick with Cat6 or Cat6a, Cat7 isn't an officially ratified spec.

Cat5e (not CCA junk) is capable of gigabit or 2.5 gigabit speeds.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

CAT 8 is for high bandwidth over short distances (up to 36m), which is likely not what you want. 

CAT 6a is what I'd recommend if you intend to go 10Gbps, Cat 6 if not (though it can do 10Gbps, just less reliably). I wouldn't really bother with anything lower than CAT 6 TBH as the difference in price is really not much for the most part. 

39 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

CAT 6a is what I'd recommend if you intend to go 10Gbps, Cat 6 if not (though it can do 10Gbps, just less reliably). I wouldn't really bother with anything lower than CAT 6 TBH as the difference in price is really not much for the most part. 

ok, well looking at the direct bury cat 6 I cant find any for less than that cat 8?? so would I be WORSE off if I went with the 8? 

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

34 minutes ago, JewishBacon said:

ok, well looking at the direct bury cat 6 I cant find any for less than that cat 8?? so would I be WORSE off if I went with the 8? 

A cable can meet CAT 8 specs without meeting CAT 6 specs over the full 100m requirement that CAT 6 requires. 

I'd also be very sceptical of cheap cable for anything "above" CAT6a as they're not particularly common. There's a bunch of flat cables advertised as CAT 7 and CAT 8 for example, that don't even meet the very basic requirement of being twisted pair. It seems because CAT 7 isn't an actual TIA standard, it's open to being used as a marketing term and CAT 8 is so obscure most don't even know it exists, or that there are actually two different versions of it (8.1 and 8.2, one of which uses an entirely different connector standard from 8P8C)

I would advise going for a well established and commonly available standard like CAT 6 or 6a. Best case, the CAT 8 is genuine and it works for what you need, worst case it's complete crap and doesn't meet the required specs. If you just go with decent CAT 6 you'll have no issues.