Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

headphone have low-quality audio when microphone is turned on

I have a pair of bose QC 35 ii's that i really enjoy.

the audio is great when set to "stereo", but i can only get the input microphone to work when set to "hands-free AG audio", and this has really low quality output audio.

The audio hasn't been a problem for discord or zoom calls, but the low quality is very noticeable in games. any suggestions?

10 hours ago, Derrk said:

I have a pair of bose QC 35 ii's that i really enjoy.

the audio is great when set to "stereo", but i can only get the input microphone to work when set to "hands-free AG audio", and this has really low quality output audio.

The audio hasn't been a problem for discord or zoom calls, but the low quality is very noticeable in games. any suggestions?

Sometimes those headphones have two modes:

- With Microphone (here the name is hands-free): phone quality for the audio signal

- Without: Higher quality.

Could you check in your audio settings, if you see the headphone a second time?

CPU: i5 8400 | GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB NITRO+ | MB: ASRock Z370M Pro4 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB | PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 650 W | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12S | CASE: be quiet! Pure Base 500 | KB: Logitech G213 PRODIGY | MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO | MONITOR: LG 27GL850‑B

On 10/20/2020 at 4:48 AM, AndreasS said:

Sometimes those headphones have two modes:

- With Microphone (here the name is hands-free): phone quality for the audio signal

- Without: Higher quality.

Could you check in your audio settings, if you see the headphone a second time?

i researched it a bit myself, and it seems that i'm stuck with low quality audio over bluetooth if i want to have the mic on. I could get better quality with a cable, but defeats the wireless feature i've come to love

5 hours ago, Derrk said:

i researched it a bit myself, and it seems that i'm stuck with low quality audio over bluetooth if i want to have the mic on. I could get better quality with a cable, but defeats the wireless feature i've come to love

I guess so. I experienced this issue from other headphones.

CPU: i5 8400 | GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB NITRO+ | MB: ASRock Z370M Pro4 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB | PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 650 W | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12S | CASE: be quiet! Pure Base 500 | KB: Logitech G213 PRODIGY | MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO | MONITOR: LG 27GL850‑B