Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

10Gbe Networking Recomendations/Issues

Hello,


 We have Two houses they located close to each other so around 30m. Stretch cable ( 6a category ) between house thinking in future I gonna use cable to connected houses with 10gbe networking cable length ( 46 m. ).

 

I have bought two MikroTik CRS326-24G-2S+RM they have sfp+ port but sfp+ adapters only support 10gbe up to 30m ( and mine distance is 46m.)

 

Can I use MikroTik CRS312-4C+8XG-RM  Rj45 10gbe port from one side and MikroTik CRS326-24G-2S+RM with sfp+ adapter from another side to overcome this issue?

 

And I have to use this 6a cable.

 

Thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd go CAT 7 cable as it has even better shielding for any kinds of interferences.

 

I don't really get your Switch logic here though.

You have to have an RJ45 10gbit capable switch in each house. The second one you stated only supports SFP+ 10gbit, so that doesn't work.

Generally i'd advice to go RJ45 based networking as it's just so much more convenient. Network cards are also getting cheaper every day.

 

Another thing you can try is two Asus XG-U2008 for example. you can get them used for as low as 130€ 

Gaming HTPC:

R7 1700X - Scythe Big Shuriken 3 - Asus ROG B350-i - Asus GTX 1080 Strix - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Silverstone SX500-LG - 500gb 960 EVO - Fractal Design Node 202 - Samsung 60KS7090 - Logitech G502 - Thrustmaster T500RS - Noblechairs Icon


Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - H100i GTX - Asus Prime X570 Pro - EVGA RTX2060KO - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - EVGA 750G2 - 250gb 970 Evo - 6TB WD My Book Duo (Reds) - Inwin 103 White - Dell U3415W - Qpad MK-85 Brown - Logitech MX518 Legendary - Blue Yeti Platinum - Noblechairs Icon 


Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

 

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

 

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloRolf said:

i'd go CAT 7 cable as it has even better shielding for any kinds of interferences.

 

I don't really get your Switch logic here though.

You have to have an RJ45 10gbit capable switch in each house. The second one you stated only supports SFP+ 10gbit, so that doesn't work.

Generally i'd advice to go RJ45 based networking as it's just so much more convenient. Network cards are also getting cheaper every day.

 

Another thing you can try is two Asus XG-U2008 for example. you can get them used for as low as 130€ 

Asus XG-U2008 is unmanaged switch and i need managed switches. I one house am only have sfp+ ports available in another i have switch with 10gbe rj45 ports.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mariushm said:

I HAVE TO use cat6a cable because all holes used with wiring already closed and i can't open then again so am stuck with Cat6a cable only

Link to post
Share on other sites

Then another option would be media converters ... though they're somewhat expensive, at around 100-150$ each:

 

Unmanaged 1x 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10GBase-T to 1x 10GBase-X SFP+ Slot 10Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter, European Plug standard - FS Germany

Unmanaged 1x 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10GBase-T to 1x 10GBase-X SFP+ Slot 10Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter, British Plug Standard - FS Germany

 

plus a pair of cheap 1m DAC cables to connect the media converters to the switches.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Then another option would be media converters ... though they're somewhat expensive, at around 100-150$ each:

 

Unmanaged 1x 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10GBase-T to 1x 10GBase-X SFP+ Slot 10Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter, European Plug standard - FS Germany

Unmanaged 1x 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10GBase-T to 1x 10GBase-X SFP+ Slot 10Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter, British Plug Standard - FS Germany

 

plus a pair of cheap 1m DAC cables to connect the media converters to the switches.

 

So if i understand it correctly they going to work like signal booster ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

They're media converters ... they convert fiber signal to 10g-base t (max 100 meters on cat6a) and backwards ... bi-directional.

 

Normally, they're used to convert the ethernet to fiber to carry the signal more than 100meters through fiber cable  - can be up to 40km depending on fiber type but 300m-2km is more common - but they can be used the other way, they don't care, they're bi-directional.

 

A 1m DAC cable would probably be cheapest (to connect to existing switches/routers) as cable has sfp+ connectors on both ends, alternative would be two transceivers plus a patch cord of fiber on each end.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mariushm said:

They're media converters ... they convert fiber signal to 10g-base t (max 100 meters on cat6a) and backwards ... bi-directional.

 

Normally, they're used to convert the ethernet to fiber to carry the signal more than 100meters through fiber cable  - can be up to 40km depending on fiber type but 300m-2km is more common - but they can be used the other way, they don't care, they're bi-directional.

 

A 1m DAC cable would probably be cheapest (to connect to existing switches/routers) as cable has sfp+ connectors on both ends, alternative would be two transceivers plus a patch cord of fiber on each end.

 

https://www.fs.com/de-en/products/87603.html

 

I found these adapter that saying they working up to 80m :/ i would be good solution in mine case

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×