10Gbe Networking Recomendations/Issues

Zygizz

Hello,

We have Two houses they located close to each other so around 30m. Stretch cable ( 6a category ) between house thinking in future I gonna use cable to connected houses with 10gbe networking cable length ( 46 m. ).

I have bought two MikroTik CRS326-24G-2S+RM they have sfp+ port but sfp+ adapters only support 10gbe up to 30m ( and mine distance is 46m.)

Can I use MikroTik CRS312-4C+8XG-RM  Rj45 10gbe port from one side and MikroTik CRS326-24G-2S+RM with sfp+ adapter from another side to overcome this issue?

And I have to use this 6a cable.

Thanks in advance

i'd go CAT 7 cable as it has even better shielding for any kinds of interferences.

I don't really get your Switch logic here though.

You have to have an RJ45 10gbit capable switch in each house. The second one you stated only supports SFP+ 10gbit, so that doesn't work.

Generally i'd advice to go RJ45 based networking as it's just so much more convenient. Network cards are also getting cheaper every day.

Another thing you can try is two Asus XG-U2008 for example. you can get them used for as low as 130€ 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1 hour ago, FloRolf said:

i'd go CAT 7 cable as it has even better shielding for any kinds of interferences.

I don't really get your Switch logic here though.

You have to have an RJ45 10gbit capable switch in each house. The second one you stated only supports SFP+ 10gbit, so that doesn't work.

Generally i'd advice to go RJ45 based networking as it's just so much more convenient. Network cards are also getting cheaper every day.

Another thing you can try is two Asus XG-U2008 for example. you can get them used for as low as 130€ 

Asus XG-U2008 is unmanaged switch and i need managed switches. I one house am only have sfp+ ports available in another i have switch with 10gbe rj45 ports.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

I HAVE TO use cat6a cable because all holes used with wiring already closed and i can't open then again so am stuck with Cat6a cable only

Then another option would be media converters ... though they're somewhat expensive, at around 100-150$ each:

Unmanaged 1x 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10GBase-T to 1x 10GBase-X SFP+ Slot 10Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter, European Plug standard - FS Germany

Unmanaged 1x 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10GBase-T to 1x 10GBase-X SFP+ Slot 10Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter, British Plug Standard - FS Germany

plus a pair of cheap 1m DAC cables to connect the media converters to the switches.

8 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Then another option would be media converters ... though they're somewhat expensive, at around 100-150$ each:

Unmanaged 1x 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10GBase-T to 1x 10GBase-X SFP+ Slot 10Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter, European Plug standard - FS Germany

Unmanaged 1x 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10GBase-T to 1x 10GBase-X SFP+ Slot 10Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter, British Plug Standard - FS Germany

plus a pair of cheap 1m DAC cables to connect the media converters to the switches.

So if i understand it correctly they going to work like signal booster ?

They're media converters ... they convert fiber signal to 10g-base t (max 100 meters on cat6a) and backwards ... bi-directional.

Normally, they're used to convert the ethernet to fiber to carry the signal more than 100meters through fiber cable  - can be up to 40km depending on fiber type but 300m-2km is more common - but they can be used the other way, they don't care, they're bi-directional.

A 1m DAC cable would probably be cheapest (to connect to existing switches/routers) as cable has sfp+ connectors on both ends, alternative would be two transceivers plus a patch cord of fiber on each end.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

They're media converters ... they convert fiber signal to 10g-base t (max 100 meters on cat6a) and backwards ... bi-directional.

Normally, they're used to convert the ethernet to fiber to carry the signal more than 100meters through fiber cable  - can be up to 40km depending on fiber type but 300m-2km is more common - but they can be used the other way, they don't care, they're bi-directional.

A 1m DAC cable would probably be cheapest (to connect to existing switches/routers) as cable has sfp+ connectors on both ends, alternative would be two transceivers plus a patch cord of fiber on each end.

https://www.fs.com/de-en/products/87603.html

I found these adapter that saying they working up to 80m :/ i would be good solution in mine case