Water cooling a PNY GTX 1650 super

Has anyone found a water block that fits a PNY GTX 1650 super, my card likes to crank the heat out when I turn settings high, and my case doesn't allow for very good airflow.

1 minute ago, octester said:

Has anyone found a water block that fits a PNY GTX 1650 super, my card likes to crank the heat out when I turn settings high, and my case doesn't allow for very good airflow.

Kinda waste of money to water cool such a low end gpu. likely why you can't find any water blocks for it.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

15 minutes ago, octester said:

Spending ~130 bucks on a water block, plus ~80 on a radiator, and ~150 for a pump and res just doesn't make much sense for such a low end card, spend that money on a better GPU, not trying to cool a low end card. That doesn't even factor in cost of fittings....

Just for reference, the total cost of my custom loop is ~700 bucks. I have ~120 dollars in fittings alone. Its a fun hobby, and it looks cool and is fun to do, but it just doesn't make sense unless you already have a CPU loop to add it into AND the rad space to do it, and if you already have a high end enough bit of hardware to warrant the cost of it. 

If your card gets hot, either turn the fans up in MSI Afterburner, or just don't really sweat it - pun intended. The card will likely only get to the 80's, and honestly that is ok. You can squeeze more performance out of it running it cooler as GPU Boost will up the speed of the core, but adding more fans or changing your case would be the cheaper and likely more optimal answer. If your case doesn't have good enough airflow for an air cooled 1650S, it won't have enough airflow for the radiator for you custom loop.

Not trying to be rude or downplay your system or any of that, I am just trying to level set the expectations that go with a custom loop. 

12 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

Kinda waste of money to water cool such a low end gpu. likely why you can't find any water blocks for it.

This...

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

buy 80-100 dollar case with better airflow instead?

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

The issue is that I don't have enough money to upgrade right now, I only recently bought the card, and if I wanted to upgrade, I'd need to do a mobo swap since it only supports 8gb of low density ddr3, that upgrade would be like $300 just for the board and cpu, not to mention the RAM and storage. The GTX 1650 super isn't a super low end gpu, I had a 550 ti before it, and I can run ray tracing shaders at like 30-40 fps, if I had the choice of saving for over a year, or doing a water cooled card, I'd do the card simply to stabilize it till I can afford a better system.

8 hours ago, octester said:

The GTX 1650 super isn't a super low end gpu

Not trying to offend you but it is. It's among the slowest cards you can get new.

8 hours ago, octester said:

if I had the choice of saving for over a year, or doing a water cooled card, I'd do the card simply to stabilize it till I can afford a better system.

That does not make any sense. You sqay you don't have any money for a new card yet you are willing to buy a full cover GPU block that costs 100+ USD/Eur, 60-80 USD/Eur for a radiator, 80-120 USD/Eur for a pump res, another 20-40 USD/Eur for tubing, another 20-40 USD/Eur on proper static pressure fans for one radiator, some 10-20 USD/Eur for distilled water and at least a biocide if not a premix and at least 40 USD/Eur worth of fittings for the most simple flexible tubing setup. That's at best now ~340 USD/Eur. That money can buy you a used 1080Ti and leave you with some change. Put 20 bucks on top and you'll get a case as well with better airflow.

If your case is restrictive, switch to a better case. Your CPU will also benefit. The Corsair 4000D Airflow is ~80-100 USD/Eur. It will improve your temps considering you yourself said your case was very restrictive.

You are wasting money trying to watercool a 1650S. If you insist though: forget full cover blocks and get a universal one like the Alphacool NexXxoS GPX series. But the lowest they went to my knowledge were a 1660Ti which is still 2 tiers above yours. Manufacturers do not bother to produce anything for these low end cards.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

just have a look for a big top flow cooler, such as noctua NH-C14S or bequiet dark rock TF or similar and just mount it on your GPU, have a look at ebay or your local second hand sales 

of cause if it fits into your case

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

44 minutes ago, MaratM said:

just have a look for a big top flow cooler, such as noctua NH-C14S or bequiet dark rock TF or similar and just mount it on your GPU, have a look at ebay or your local second hand sales 

of cause if it fits into your case

And then get GPU sag to the point at which it might actually damage your PCB because of too much flex. Great idea.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

4 hours ago, bowrilla said:

And then get GPU sag to the point at which it might actually damage your PCB because of too much flex. Great idea.

Make a gpu anti-sag bracket))) you can also get a gpu cooler arctic still makes one, as rejentech morpheus or an ancient scythe shaman they all a bit bigger and more efficient in heat decepation than the stock 1650’s one. Or get a cooler from something like gtx 1080-1080ti (you can fing a broken card for next to nothing with a perfectly working cooler.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

• 7 months later...
On 10/18/2020 at 6:38 PM, octester said:

Try this:

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Acrylic-Computer-Universal-Radiator/dp/B01NCODXPG/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=gpu+waterblock&qid=1623619297&sr=8-4