The effects of Upscaling

Whitebeat

Hello everyone!

I am considering buying 4K monitor but because there are still no video cards that run in 4K all heavy games above 90 FPS i am afraid that if i play games on QHD settings it will look bad

So my question is: if i play a game on QHD settings with with native QHD monitor how much of a difference it will be if i play with native 4K monitor in the terms of the upscaling (the quality of the picture in the end)

And Should I buy a 4K screen and in heavy games play with QHD settings (because there are still no video cards that run in 4K all heavy games above 90 FPS) or just buy a 2K screen.

Thank you!

Personally I prefer 100% scaling so my next monitor will be 2K (soon). But upscaling should not be a big problem on modern monitors - at least in games.

13 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Personally I prefer 100% scaling so my next monitor will be 2K (soon). But upscaling should not be a big problem on modern monitors - at least in games.

that and with technologies like DLSS improving upscaling is becoming an even better option than before

52 minutes ago, Whitebeat said:

Hello everyone!

I am considering buying 4K monitor but because there are still no video cards that run in 4K all heavy games above 90 FPS i am afraid that if i play games on QHD settings it will look bad

So my question is: if i play a game on QHD settings with with native QHD monitor how much of a difference it will be if i play with native 4K monitor in the terms of the upscaling (the quality of the picture in the end)

And Should I buy a 4K screen and in heavy games play with QHD settings (because there are still no video cards that run in 4K all heavy games above 90 FPS) or just buy a 2K screen.

Thank you!

Well it is still pretty obvious that you are running at 1440p on a 4k monitor (the bigger the screen the easier to see) it's gonna be a bit blurry as is usual with running a non native res. So basically just get a 1440p monitor now and use that. No sense in getting a 4k monitor anyways when gpu's are not yet fully there for it and 4k high refresh rate is also still stupid expensive.