Mic stoped working . 3rd headset on the same pc that has stopped working .

StonerNixon

at this point im thinking is the fucking computer. im so fed up with this . 3 headsets , all with basically the same problem... first headset the mic just stopped one day . worked one and went to bed and then just didnt work the next ... k on to another headset... the left speaker stopped working , so that one must have been the headset... this time , a headset ive had for 2 or 3 years , just stopped working . i know the mics still work on all these devices because ive plugged them into my phone and gotten someone to hear me ... so whats going on with my pc . im not buying anothing fucking headset until i get this figured out . and as a streamer i need to be able to talk to my veiwers... so this is just fucking great man..... any help would be appreciated , even though i sound like an angry prick

I remember when you were on headset#2... sorry to hear this is happening to you.

Maybe you answered this question last time, but is it a USB connection or does your headset have two 3.5mm jacks?

If it is the 3.5 mm jacks, trying pluggin them into the audio ports on the back of the computer rather than the frontports.
If is USB, try pluggin it into a  USB 2 slot instead of a USB3 one.

EDIT:
Oh, obviously it ins't a USB interface, you said you plugged it into your phone.
Is everything going through just a single 3.5mm jack (like the mic/earphone connections that come with a new phone in the box?)  i didn't even know computer ports COULD do that...

Edited by shoutingsteve
more info

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

the headset has one soild cord , but i have a splitter to split headset and mic . thats how i could plug it into my phone . and thank you for helping though mate lol its gunna ggive me a stroke lol between my ram issues yesterday then this @shoutingsteve

If you get a cheap stand-alone mic does it also get killed? How about if you're using a cheap USB sound card?

@Bitter both of those I don’t know . I have a stand alone mic but I sit so far from it I’m basically screaming at it lol so I gave up on that idea 

I don't know what you do so I assumed you're at a desk or could put it on an arm or a perilously balanced broom handle.

Ouhkay but that’s not what I’m asking . I’m tired of goi no through headsets like their underwear. This headset works , the mic works , would you like me to send you a clip from my phone? This is the third time on 3 completely different branded headsets . Why is my computer doing this ? 

It’s saying the “device not migrate” what dose that mean and why do I think that’s my issue 

Haaaaaah so here’s a fucking kicker ... windows itself isn’t registering that the Microphone has sound coming through .... but discord’s fine ? So I now can’t play any games that use windows Defaults as their microphone 😂😂😂😂 this is just fucking awesome . @Bitter @shoutingsteve

I was wondering if the mic port was killing the mic but since you probably don't have the correct instruments to measure the port to test for that, that's why I suggested a USB sound card and a different mic to try out. It sounds like it may be some kind of windows problem not a hardware problem. Curious, if you boot up Ubuntu on a USB stick does the mic work fine once again?

14 hours ago, Bitter said:

I was wondering if the mic port was killing the mic but since you probably don't have the correct instruments to measure the port to test for that, that's why I suggested a USB sound card and a different mic to try out. It sounds like it may be some kind of windows problem not a hardware problem. Curious, if you boot up Ubuntu on a USB stick does the mic work fine once again?

I also agree that a USB soundcard (or like what I have, a USB connected headset/mic combo) would be the next logical step.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...