10 bit with Nvidia

Go to solution Solved by minibois,
9 minutes ago, UnycornyRainbow said:

Heyy, I'm considering a RTX 3060 if it comes out eventually and I read that newer Nvidia cards (I think since 900 series?) should support 10 bit colour with Open GL programms.

I have only a "fake" 10 bit monitor (8 bit + frc), so I wanted to ask if the Nvidia cards only support it with a native 10 pit panel or also a 8 bit + frc?

I have an Nvidia videocard & 8 bit + FRC monitor and can turn on 10 bit color just fine:

image.png.916fb57d46e3142914bface8c4921f4a.png

What I assume, the monitor will just disguise itself as a 10bit panel, if it has 8bit+frc.

Heyy, I'm considering a RTX 3060 if it comes out eventually and I read that newer Nvidia cards (I think since 900 series?) should support 10 bit colour with Open GL programms.

I have only a "fake" 10 bit monitor (8 bit + frc), so I wanted to ask if the Nvidia cards only support it with a native 10 pit panel or also a 8 bit + frc?

9 minutes ago, UnycornyRainbow said:

I have an Nvidia videocard & 8 bit + FRC monitor and can turn on 10 bit color just fine:

What I assume, the monitor will just disguise itself as a 10bit panel, if it has 8bit+frc.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes, all current GPUs support native 10bit output. Even 12bit is supported.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

Thanks for reply^^, jusst wanted to make sure since I have a AMD GPU right now

53 minutes ago, UnycornyRainbow said:

Nvidia cards output native 10 bit becuase the tech for FRC is in your display and not in the graphics card, the graphics card doesnt care what your monitor really is, if the monitor tells it its a 10 bit one, the card will let you output 10 from it