I have 71 microsoft surface chargers to sell, what do i do?

Title isn't a lie. 

I recently had a work experience (thing all year 10s do in australia) at my grandad's tech support business. We had recently received a shipment from a client containing 71 genuine microsoft surface chargers. To make a long story short, my boss/grandad said i could take them home to sell. Being a 15 year old who needs a new chair, i said yes. 

Fast forward around a month or two and i've listed them on facebook groups, gumtree (local ebay) and ebay for $45 AUD (around $31 USD) and i've gotten no interest. Do you guys have any ideas?

Sorry is this isnt the best place to ask, im just getting sick of having 71 surface pro chargers under my bed.

(proof attached

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

Lower the price probably. 

It's not a particularly expensive item, so I doubt that many people are looking for them anywhere other than Amazon or Microsoft/s store. I can buy a charger from Amazon for the same price you're selling them for, so there'd be no incentive. 

EDIT: There's also the fact that it's probably not a very in-demand item. Everyone who owns a Microsoft surface already has one, your only market is those who have lost them, really. 

Maybe the problem is your listing.

$31 for a used (I guess they are) charger without packaging seems a little high.
What are your eBay ratings like? I assume you haven't sold many things on eBay yet and so your ratings probably don't look very trustworthy yet. This again can only be combated by lowering the price.

Also a good description of the item aswell as the name are important.
Keep in mind that there are users out there, that don't know anything about chargers. So describing for which exact device they work is a huge + !

Even if they work for every Surface Pro that was ever made, then mention each individual one. People are dumb. They don't under stand that "all" means 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on...

And at last, have you tested them?
If so, mention that! If not, it would be a good idea to test them and then mention that in the description. 

7 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Maybe the problem is your listing.

$31 for a used (I guess they are) charger without packaging seems a little high.
What are your eBay ratings like? I assume you haven't sold many things on eBay yet and so your ratings probably don't look very trustworthy yet. This again can only be combated by lowering the price.

Also a good description of the item aswell as the name are important.
Keep in mind that there are users out there, that don't know anything about chargers. So describing for which exact device they work is a huge + !

Even if they work for every Surface Pro that was ever made, then mention each individual one. People are dumb. They don't under stand that "all" means 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on...

And at last, have you tested them?
If so, mention that! If not, it would be a good idea to test them and then mention that in the description. 

I've tested all of them, all work perfectly. 

The company got rid of them because no one there had a surface pro so while it's stretching the definition, they were technically new.

i was contemplating lowering the price to $35 AUD ($25 american dollars) because one person i talked to said they could get a knock off at that price, thoughts?

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

19 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Lower the price probably. 

It's not a particularly expensive item, so I doubt that many people are looking for them anywhere other than Amazon or Microsoft/s store. I can buy a charger from Amazon for the same price you're selling them for, so there'd be no incentive. 

EDIT: There's also the fact that it's probably not a very in-demand item. Everyone who owns a Microsoft surface already has one, your only market is those who have lost them, really. 

they're $125 new here in australia at JBHIFI (our major tech store) 259671596_ScreenShot2020-10-15at9_57_29pm.thumb.png.b892c580a742d2a4ce318e8fa65c9f8a.png 

Daily drivers

You could list it under something more generic like "12v 36w WITH 5v 1A usb  power supply to power led strips, hobby projects etc "  and just cut the connector at the end ... 

or buy a soldering iron and some standard  barrel jack connectors and solder regular barrel jack connector at the end of cable. 

4 minutes ago, mon1ka said:

they're $125 new here in australia at JBHIFI (our major tech store)  

Ahh, AUD.

I think you're just being undercut by big sellers. A quick look around Ebay AU shows plenty for cheaper than you're selling them. They may not be genuine (the ones on eBay) but the people looking for a cheap charger won't care. 

15 minutes ago, mon1ka said:

I've tested all of them, all work perfectly. 

The company got rid of them because no one there had a surface pro so while it's stretching the definition, they were technically new.

i was contemplating lowering the price to $35 AUD ($25 american dollars) because one person i talked to said they could get a knock off at that price, thoughts?

Yeah I think 35 seems reasonable for now if they're nearly new.
Maybe go for 34,90
Seems much less than 35, but isn't - "retailer tricks" 😛 

12 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Ahh, AUD.

I think you're just being undercut by big sellers. A quick look around Ebay AU shows plenty for cheaper than you're selling them. They may not be genuine (the ones on eBay) but the people looking for a cheap charger won't care. 

yeah, but i dont want to go so low that microsoft come knocking as @James Evens said before

Daily drivers