Diablo 3 Stuttering

HeaT

I'm having strange stutters while playing d3 on the  2.0.2 Patch.

I have vsync on(60fps) (off gives me bad screen tear). My FPS doesn't drop but my game stutters for about 5 seconds every once in a while. 

It happens on any setting ingame. I have the game installed on my SSD which was a fresh re install.

PC Specs: 2500k @ 4.3mhz

7950 @ 1100/1575

Windows 7

None of my mates who play d3 have this problem. No other games have this problem.

Any ideas?

Drivers up to date?

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Drivers up to date?

Yes, Right now I'm using the 14.2 1.3 drivers. The problem still happened while using the 13.12 drivers.

Yes, Right now I'm using the 14.2 1.3 drivers. The problem still happened while using the 13.12 drivers.

Contact Blizzard.

They can give you technical advice, and help you with it if it's an issue with D3

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Contact Blizzard.

They can give you technical advice, and help you with it if it's an issue with D3

Spoke with a GM from blizzard but they were no help.

Still having the stutter but FPS stays at 60.

Spoke with a GM from blizzard but they were no help.

Still having the stutter but FPS stays at 60.

You could always try running a repair. From your specs you should't be seeing any stutter. 

You could always try running a repair. From your specs you should't be seeing any stutter. 

How do you go about doing that?

I don't know if this applies to your situation, but , I had a similar problem that was resolved by adjusting the sound channels from 64 to a lower number...16 I think...don't remember. I know it sounds strange but it was a long sought after fix. Used to come to a crawl every time I tried to cross that damn bridge (Cossik?)!

Anyway, it's a simple fix to try......good luck.

The computer isn't the "Thing".....the computer is the "Thing" that gets you to the "Thing".  - excerpt from "Halt and Catch Fire".

PC Specs: 2500k @ 4.3mhz

And there's your problem.  :P

No but seriously, like others have said, Blizzard is probably your best option to find a solution. If you haven't already found it, here's the Diablo III technical support page.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-video-troubleshooting

...Hope it helps, best of luck!

How do you go about doing that?

It should either be an option in the launcher or you can find it in your diablo3 directory

I don't know if this applies to your situation, but , I had a similar problem that was resolved by adjusting the sound channels from 64 to a lower number...16 I think...don't remember. I know it sounds strange but it was a long sought after fix. Used to come to a crawl every time I tried to cross that damn bridge (Cossik?)!

Anyway, it's a simple fix to try......good luck.

Done that, Also turned off the sound in the d3prefs config but still getting the stuttering.

And there's your problem.  :P

No but seriously, like others have said, Blizzard is probably your best option to find a solution. If you haven't already found it, here's the Diablo III technical support page.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-video-troubleshooting

...Hope it helps, best of luck!

Also done that and spoke with a GM from blizzard.

Seems like I'm not the only one so looks like it's blizzards end.

Update:

Just installed my old GTX 460 and still get the stuttering. I also tried on my old PC using a q6600 and a 4850(I think). Still had the problem. Makes me think it's down to blizzard or Virgin Media( my ISP)