Vr games keep forcing me to run at half framerates

Doug H.

I have a rift s and a 2070 super and 9700f with 16 gb of ram and some games like pavlov and boneworks make me run at 40 fps instead of the 80 fps of the rift s even though my rig is capable even at the highet setings help>

7 hours ago, Doug H. said:

I have a rift s and a 2070 super and 9700f with 16 gb of ram and some games like pavlov and boneworks make me run at 40 fps instead of the 80 fps of the rift s even though my rig is capable even at the highet setings help>

Where does it mention the frame rate?  Its been some months since I tried it but I never noticed this option given for Boneworks.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Maybe it's 40 fps 'per eye'?

Also are you sure?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Sounds like your PC cannot maintain a steady 80 fps in those games so its dropping down to 40fps and using frame interpolation to fill in every other frame to keep a stable frame rate.

Try reducing the graphical quality or amount of supersampling you are using and see if you can get a stable 80fps.

FPSVR is a good app on steam for figuring out if your CPU or GPU is causing issues with your frame times but I'm not sure if it will work or if there is an equivalent if your running games directly through the Oculus store.