No Post with New Ram (But post with new Ram and old Ram together)

ZmBzRALIVE

okay, so I've read a boat load of forum post about this issue, none of which have helped.
Recently I bought some new ram (this week in fact) to go into a "old" system of mine, upgrading it from 2x4 GB to 2x8 GB (same 3000 Mhz) 
When I put the new ram in and press power, it powers up but will not post.
I put the old ram back in, boots just fine.
I tested the kit in another computer so I know it's fine. (I also tested one stick at a time in the old PC)
But here is the catch: if I put 1 stick of old ram in and 1-2 stick/s of the new ram in it will post, giving me 12-20 GB's. strange huh? 

I have updated the bios on the z270 fatal1ty gaming K4 to the latest version.
CPU I5 7600k 
DDR4 3000mhz 2x4 (and 2x8)
PSU is 600w 80+ gold
Windows 64-Bit

and I tried clearing cmos, as well as factory resetting all the settings.
No Post beep, no LED errors on Mobo.
Any ideas?
(red is the new set, white is the old set)

20201014_022746.jpg

23 minutes ago, ZmBzRALIVE said:

okay, so I've read a boat load of forum post about this issue, none of which have helped.
Recently I bought some new ram (this week in fact) to go into a "old" system of mine, upgrading it from 2x4 GB to 2x8 GB (same 3000 Mhz) 
When I put the new ram in and press power, it powers up but will not post.
I put the old ram back in, boots just fine.
I tested the kit in another computer so I know it's fine. (I also tested one stick at a time in the old PC)
But here is the catch: if I put 1 stick of old ram in and 1-2 stick/s of the new ram in it will post, giving me 12-20 GB's. strange huh? 

I have updated the bios on the z270 fatal1ty gaming K4 to the latest version.
CPU I5 7600k 
DDR4 3000mhz 2x4 (and 2x8)
PSU is 600w 80+ gold
Windows 64-Bit

and I tried clearing cmos, as well as factory resetting all the settings.
No Post beep, no LED errors on Mobo.
Any ideas?
(red is the new set, white is the old set)

20201014_022746.jpg

try swapping it from white/red/white/red to red/white/red/white

ive had this same issue with ddr3 on my z68-v pro, mixing capacities sucks but eventually you'll find a combination that works (although you may be fucked over by maximum clockspeed via overclocking; xmp is a overclock)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 minutes ago, themctipers said:

try swapping it from white/red/white/red to red/white/red/white

ive had this same issue with ddr3 on my z68-v pro, mixing capacities sucks but eventually you'll find a combination that works (although you may be fucked over by maximum clockspeed via overclocking; xmp is a overclock)

that's not quite the solution I'm looking for, I am not looking to mix and match capacity.
I am simply trying to get just the red set to work, however it will not post without the old ram in at all (the white set), regardless of which slot/s. 

31 minutes ago, ZmBzRALIVE said:

that's not quite the solution I'm looking for, I am not looking to mix and match capacity.
I am simply trying to get just the red set to work, however it will not post without the old ram in at all (the white set), regardless of which slot/s. 

ah

no idea then, never had a problem like that

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

(Edited) TLDR; Tested to see if incorrect memory timings from xmp would cause it, nope. 

edit: Tested that theory and no dice, still not displaying after manually setting everything while the old Ram was in, saved and exited, booted down pulled the old Ram out (the white set)  and nothing. Plug it back in, bam, post. 

Nobody has any ideas ey?  It's actually crazy with how this thing is acting so not really much of a surprise there, guess I'll just have to send the Ram back. 

2 hours ago, ZmBzRALIVE said:

Nobody has any ideas ey?  It's actually crazy with how this thing is acting so not really much of a surprise there, guess I'll just have to send the Ram back. 

The memory is fine, it's the motherboard. AsRock is finicky.

You can populate A1 and B1 for 2 sticks or A2 and B2, try both configurations.

Also clear the cmos when you swap memory or change configurations. Sometimes, that'll do the trick.

9 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The memory is fine, it's the motherboard. AsRock is finicky.

You can populate A1 and B1 for 2 sticks or A2 and B2, try both configurations.

Also clear the cmos when you swap memory or change configurations. Sometimes, that'll do the trick.

Did all of that, swapped in another set of Ram as well and it worked fine, idk what the actual problem was but sent the Ram back, oh well.