nvcontainer.exe consuming resources!

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
13 minutes ago, AvMaverick said:

What's the recommended frequency for driver updates, then?

Don't fix it, if its not broken. On pretty much everything but security fixes. Drivers usually optimize for newest cards and games. If you have older of both, you don't gain anything.

I've noticed that NVContainer.exe, aka NVIDIA container is taking up a lot of CPU usage, running even when idle, and probably even usig my internet. Is this safe?

And if it isn't how to delete it?

And if it is how can I minimise its usage?

3 hours ago, Saksham said:

uninstall geforce experience. its a useless piece of shit software that does nothing useful other than shadowplay. 

But then... Driver updates?

31 minutes ago, AvMaverick said:

But then... Driver updates?

What about them? You actually don't need to constantly update GPU drivers. Only if you are having frame rate issues suddenly, or you play new games all the time.

-> Moved to Software, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

What about them? You actually don't need to constantly update GPU drivers. Only if you are having frame rate issues suddenly, or you play new games all the time.

Didn't know, thanks, just, y'know the usual "always have everything updated" thing everyone says...

1 hour ago, AvMaverick said:

Didn't know, thanks, just, y'know the usual "always have everything updated" thing everyone says...

Thats the first thing to do when something isn't working. Plus security things for OS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thats the first thing to do when something isn't working. Plus security things for OS.

13 minutes ago, AvMaverick said:

Don't fix it, if its not broken. On pretty much everything but security fixes. Drivers usually optimize for newest cards and games. If you have older of both, you don't gain anything.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thanks a lot! 

if you ever have a real problem and have a real reason to update, just do on their website and download the driver manually. takes an extra 5 minutes. worth it if I don't need geforce experience anymore

10 hours ago, Saksham said:

if you ever have a real problem and have a real reason to update, just do on their website and download the driver manually. takes an extra 5 minutes. worth it if I don't need geforce experience anymore

Thanks bud

Also, Windows Update will periodically update your drivers as new versions come out. It won't be the absolute latest that just came out, but but it will be updated. As mentioned by others, if you have problems with a game, then you can go on Nvidia website and download the latest.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Also, Windows Update will periodically update your drivers as new versions come out. It won't be the absolute latest that just came out, but but it will be updated. As mentioned by others, if you have problems with a game, then you can go on Nvidia website and download the latest.

Thanks!