Ryzen Quad Channel Ram Help?

I'm looking to build a 5000 series rig when the professors are launched, with today being prime Day I managed to snag 2 of these ram sets (£93 for 32gb):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-Ballistix-BL2K8G36C16U4B-Desktop-Gaming/dp/B083V93HJG/

Problem is I'm having trouble finding if I would be able to run them in quad channel or not, some sources say yes and others say no but nowhere really goes into detail.

I don't have a motherboard yet and know I will need to find a compatible one but I bought the ram due to its low price but I can cancel the order if need be.

This is my first post so if I have done anything wrong please advise me and I will fix it.

Thank you in advance

Edit: Added price of the ram.

Quad channel, no, populate all 4 slots on an AMD mobo yes.
Ryzen can only do dual channel, with support for up to 2 sticks per channel.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

15 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

Quad channel, no, populate all 4 slots on an AMD mobo yes.
Ryzen can only do dual channel, with support for up to 2 sticks per channel.

7 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Only Threadripper has Quad Channel Memory. Ryzen does not.

Thank you for your replies, my next question is will the 2 sets of ram I have purchased clash or as long as I use each pair as a pair in dual channel will they work as intended or should I cancel the order and order something else?

I would have preferred to order 4 x 8 GB ram in a pack but purchasing this way has saved me over 30%.

2 minutes ago, Westwoodo said:

Thank you for your replies, my next question is will the 2 sets of ram I have purchased clash or as long as I use each pair as a pair in dual channel will they work as intended or should I cancel the order and order something else?

I would have preferred to order 4 x 8 GB ram in a pack but purchasing this way has saved me over 30%.

Most likely they will work just fine. However there is a small chance you may not get them to work at 3600MHz, but a bit slower, like 3400Mhz.

I believe the new 5000 series will only be dual channel. Quad channel is rumored for the new AM5 socket (6000 series??) with DDR5.

That said however, some MB will let you populate four DIMMs, but it would still be dual channel. ALWAYS consult the MB RAM compatibility matrix to find out what sticks and in what configurations are supported.

phew... this price...

as the main question is answered, i can only advice you to buy your kit directly from crucial, i think you'll be surprised.

2 minutes ago, Westwoodo said:

Thank you for your replies, my next question is will the 2 sets of ram I have purchased clash or as long as I use each pair as a pair in dual channel

they should plug and play fine, since they should all be the same memory chips, the cpu's memory controller may or may not be able to run them at full speed (it's a silicon lottery thing)

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, whaka said:

phew... this price...

as the main question is answered, i can only advice you to buy your kit directly from crucial, i think you'll be surprised.

So long as you know the SKU or Part# you can order them from Amazon.com

amazon sellers are incredibly expensive for those stuff. the same kit (3600 CL16) cost 69.59£ directly from crucial.

at the price from amazon, if you add around 10£ more, you can get the 32 GB kit.

Just now, whaka said:

amazon sellers are incredibly expensive for those stuff. the same kit (3600 CL16) cost 69.59£ directly from crucial.

at the price from amazon, if you add around 10£ more, you can get the 32 Gb kit.

I'll edit the original post but I got both sets (32gb) for £93 delivered.

Just now, whaka said:

oh, far more nice :)

Thank you, I was panicking when posting so forgot to put the actual price.

So everything should work fine but it could possibly run a little slower?

I would stick to 3200Mhz as that is likely to be well supported with no issues.