I think I brick'd my b550 after updating it

Go to solution Solved by SuddenS,

I did not brick my motherboard and the BIOS Update did not fail. After hours of trying to figure out what happened, it did not cross my mind that after the update I guess the configs I had put in place before were reset. Since the B550 has a 4th gen pcie slot my vertical gpu stand with its 3rd gen pcie riser was not compatible. So I just put I plugged in my card normally and it booted properly!

So I tried updating my bios for my b550 aorus pro ac because the oc on my ram wasn't working. After the update, I was left with a blank screen and waited 5 minutes for something to happen so I restarted my pc but nothing is still happening. Any insight on what to do or how to fix it?

Your motherboard has a flashback ability for the bios.  Check your instruction manual

6 minutes ago, SuddenS said:

So I tried updating my bios for my b550 aorus pro ac because the oc on my ram wasn't working. After the update, I was left with a blank screen and waited 5 minutes for something to happen so I restarted my pc but nothing is still happening. Any insight on what to do or how to fix it?

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Are you able to open the BIOS when you power cycle it? If so, you should be able to use the qflash utility to update the bios again. If you are unable to go into the bios on a reboot, I would say that your board is bricked.

24 minutes ago, SuddenS said:

try to remove the CMOS battery and insert it again to reset the bios. idk what im saying but it mighhht work.

27 minutes ago, miagisan said:

Your motherboard has a flashback ability for the bios.  Check your instruction manual

Yes I'm currently trying to do that using q-flash but It seems to be not working. The instructions were to download the correct file and to rename it to GIGABYTE.bin and q-flash is supposed to detect it but it isn't since the LED on my motherboard is stable and not blinking

Update: My keyboard and mouse turned on but that's about it

5 minutes ago, xCJ said:

try to remove the CMOS battery and insert it again to reset the bios. idk what im saying but it mighhht work.

Yea I tried to clear the cmos using the jumper but it didn't work

23 minutes ago, Warin said:

Are you able to open the BIOS when you power cycle it? If so, you should be able to use the qflash utility to update the bios again. If you are unable to go into the bios on a reboot, I would say that your board is bricked.

I'm not able to since I have a black screen on my pc

I did not brick my motherboard and the BIOS Update did not fail. After hours of trying to figure out what happened, it did not cross my mind that after the update I guess the configs I had put in place before were reset. Since the B550 has a 4th gen pcie slot my vertical gpu stand with its 3rd gen pcie riser was not compatible. So I just put I plugged in my card normally and it booted properly!

7 hours ago, SuddenS said:

good for u :)