Random black screen and full speed fans while gaming.

As the title states, my pc sometimes gives a black screen and full fan speeds while gaming. I can still hear sound when it happens, can even talk to people on discord, I then have to turn the pc off and on again. What is causing this problem and how can i fix it?
It usually happens when coming from a menu (crafting, inventory but also main menu or profile pages). It makes me think it has something to do with 3d rendering and thus my GPU.
Worth noting is that i recently upgraded some parts. New case, AIO and ram.

I tried:

Using my old ram sticks.

Reseating my gpu and all psu cables.

Installing older drivers AND reinstalling the newest drivers

Running a memory test overnight

Cleaning all dust filters and fans.

Games that crash:
The Witcher 3
Overwatch
World of Warcraft

Specifically Skyrim Special Edition. Tried four times, first 3 times with a decent amount of mods (around 50) and the last time without any mods. All of them when loading or shortly after (like 5 sec max).

My specs thanks to Speccy:

CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 32 °C
Pinnacle Ridge 12nm

RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1596MHz (16-18-18-38)

Motherboard
ASRock B450 Steel Legend (AM4) 31 °C

Graphics
VG27A (2560x1440@144Hz)
Acer XF240H (1920x1080@120Hz)
DELL E177FP (1280x1024@75Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (NVIDIA) 51 °C

Power supply
Corsair rm750x 80+ gold (old version. not the 2018)

Storage
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 (SATA (SSD)) 32 °C
117GB SanDisk SDSSDP128G (SATA (SSD)) 23 °C
238GB ADATA SX8200PNP
953GB ADATA SX8200PNP

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

This seems like a driver issue for me. Did you just "reinstall" the drivers or completely wipe them first using DDU?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

This seems like a driver issue for me. Did you just "reinstall" the drivers or completely wipe them first using DDU?

I uninstalled the drivers first through device manager. Then downloaded the drivers for this exact model form the nvidia site. Should i have used DDU? Didn't think that would make a difference.

2 minutes ago, Quander said:

I uninstalled the drivers first through device manager. Then downloaded the drivers for this exact model form the nvidia site. Should i have used DDU? Didn't think that would make a difference.

DDU is the safest way to make sure every last bit of the old driver is uninstalled. Try it and see if it helps.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

22 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

DDU is the safest way to make sure every last bit of the old driver is uninstalled. Try it and see if it helps.

Uninstalled with DDU, reinstalled by direct download. The issue persist.

Du you have another GPU laying around to plug in and see if the problem is still there?

15 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Du you have another GPU laying around to plug in and see if the problem is still there?

Unfortunately I do not. I am waiting on a 3080 I ordered but don't expect to get it before November at least.

9 minutes ago, Quander said:

Unfortunately I do not. I am waiting on a 3080 I ordered but don't expect to get it before November at least.

Try underclocking. Get MSI Afterburner and set a core offset of -100. Maybe even a memory offset of -500 just to test it out.

29 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Try underclocking. Get MSI Afterburner and set a core offset of -100. Maybe even a memory offset of -500 just to test it out.

Good suggestion, did -100 core and -500 memory. Seemed to work at first. Ran around for a couple minutes. Then while loading a new area it happened again.

On 10/12/2020 at 1:30 PM, Stahlmann said:

Interestingly enough i don't experience any crashes while playing Total war: Warhammer 2. But i do get constant crashes in World of Warcraft. I'd expect warhammer to be more demanding. Even with the underclock.

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be faulty PSU. Might be worth seeing if you can find a spare one or replace it

On 10/15/2020 at 11:58 AM, bzeall13 said:

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be faulty PSU. Might be worth seeing if you can find a spare one or replace it

thanks for the suggestion. I already tried with another PSU didn't help.

I have the same symptoms.I can reproduce this issue 100% by running furmark gpu stress test  minimizing and then trying to open the window again. Could you try that to see if we have the same issue?