Anything worth waiting for 2021?

MS-DOS

Any good monitors for fast paced fps but that doesn't stuck to watch movies?

I have the XG2401. Bought it because it was one of the few 144hz low input lag monitors but colors suck, I cant watch movies because cant see in dark scenes, or play dark games.

I was told VG259QM is even more responsive and is an IPS so it has good colors, but I was wondering if there is something even better in the horizon worth waiting for? I just need 24 inch and flat so no wide curved stuff.

are you not adjusting your monitors setting to be able to see the content you are using it for?

it's going to be VERY difficult to source a monitor which defaults to a setting that allows the consumption of any possible media.

25 minutes ago, emosun said:

are you not adjusting your monitors setting to be able to see the content you are using it for?

it's going to be VERY difficult to source a monitor which defaults to a setting that allows the consumption of any possible media.

I tried tweaking, the panel just sucks. 2233rz was as bad. I remember going from CRT to 2233rz... the lack of pure blacks was a joke.

11 minutes ago, MS-DOS said:

I tried tweaking, the panel just sucks. 2233rz was as bad. I remember going from CRT to 2233rz... the lack of pure blacks was a joke.

that model appears to be over a decade old and an lcd so pure blacks wasn't a possibility on that monitor. I think the only joke would be expecting such an old monitor to be able to achieve that.

14 hours ago, MS-DOS said:

Any good monitors for fast paced fps but that doesn't stuck to watch movies?

I have the XG2401. Bought it because it was one of the few 144hz low input lag monitors but colors suck, I cant watch movies because cant see in dark scenes, or play dark games.

I was told VG259QM is even more responsive and is an IPS so it has good colors, but I was wondering if there is something even better in the horizon worth waiting for? I just need 24 inch and flat so no wide curved stuff.

So monitors are a very wierd industry in that there are not a lot of pannel manufacturers but there are a lot of monitor integrators.

That means that there are around 4-6 companies that make the pannel it self (the actual part that a picture is displayed on) but there are like 20+ companies that take those and put them in box and call that monitors. 

So what that means is that we have a very limited amount of different pannels to work with, there are around 15 different VA pannels being made, like 5 TN I think, and IPS is the biggest one with more then 30 (but like 8 of those are good for gaming).

the fact that no buddy knows or cares to know which spesific pannel type from which compamy and people (me too) are satisfied with the pannel type (VA,IPS,TN) makes it hard to know which monitor will be good, and like proceses are a lot of the computer industry, there are difreneces in preformence in the same pannel model and even in the same OG pannel (to make LCD pannels they actually make a very big pannel and then cut it to the size they want oit to be its kinda cool) between two corners though that is not as noticable. 

Adding another layer arre the monitor intagrators that make thier own changes to the preformence (ULMB mode, different pixel overdrive modes, how they calibrate or sometimes not calibrate the monitor at the factory) introduce even more veriants in final preformance and even how and where your monitor was stored and for how long can effect preformance (even though its basically a non issuee today, escpecially with LCD monitors).

hope you had an interesting read 

On 10/11/2020 at 1:40 AM, emosun said:

that model appears to be over a decade old and an lcd so pure blacks wasn't a possibility on that monitor. I think the only joke would be expecting such an old monitor to be able to achieve that.

I just said with my XG2401 is the same.