Tinywall blocking an Epic Games game

MS-DOS

Im trying to play game "Diabotical" but tinywall blocks it. The anticheat doesnt update. I have enabled all .exes I could find as exceptions in tinywall, doesn't work. Any ideas??????????

Can't really help you with this since I don't use TinyWall, but straight from their FAQ if you haven't read it

Is the game running in elevated mode (admin). If so, you need to run Tinywall in admin mode as well.

I am trying to whitelist applications by window, but TinyWall doesn't see or register the "click". Why?

You can only whitelist other applications by window if they aren't using higher privileges. If you want to whitelist an admin app using the window method, make sure TinyWall's taskbar is running as admin too. You can easily achieve this by selecting "Elevate" from TinyWall's taskbar context menu.

As for it being blocked, you say you've whitelisted everything... but clearly something isn't, are you certain?

I have whitelisted an application but it still cannot access the network. What is going on?

You might find that even though you have whitelisted the executable of an application, it still cannot connect to the internet. However, the conclusion that TinyWall is not working is probably wrong. This kind of issue is most often caused by whitelisting the wrong executable, or not whitelisting every executable needed for the operation of a particular program. Some applications use multiple executables to connect to the internet. If you do not unblock them all, they still won't be able to access the internet, even though the whitelisting has succeeded.

There's also if you have certain anti virus softwares installed, they may intefere

Whitelisting still does not seem to take effect. / Some apps can access the internet even when they shouldn't.

You probably have Avast! Antivirus, AdMuncher, Mailwasher or similar security software installed. These have modules that work by redirecting other applications to the local computer, then making the internet connection themselves instead of the original program. It is best to disable these modules (such as avast! web-shield) in cases like this.

Past that, I don't think we will really be able to help you with this. We have no access to your PC (nor do we want it). As such, the most we can do to help you with this issue, is telling you to uninstall Tinywall and use a better firewall software that doesn't outright block everything without possibility of easily opening the floodgates.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Disable Tinywall or uninstall the anticheat.

Is this supposed to be helpful?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

6 hours ago, MS-DOS said:

Im trying to play game "Diabotical" but tinywall blocks it. The anticheat doesnt update. I have enabled all .exes I could find as exceptions in tinywall, doesn't work. Any ideas??????????

Read their FAQ and contact their Support.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO