Gigabyte x570 aorus master not powering on

Zohan2000

Built the pc earlier this year and it's been working fine till last Friday, went to turn it on but nothing was working the night before and I had turned it off after updating gpu drivers, sometimes the lights on the motherboard will turn on but after pushing the start button the lights go out and nothing boots tried reseating gpu, power cables, different psu and even tried taking the motherboard out of the case with ram CPU m.2 drive and power cables for mobo and CPU and still not working also took out the ram, m.2 and CPU and still nothing, haven't got anything else to test the CPU and motherboard separately so got no idea what to do, is motherboard dead? Or is there anything else I should try before doing an RMA? 

Windows 10 64 bit 

F11 bios version

System specs: 

is MoBo completly dead,or you get some error code if you have debug screen?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

7 hours ago, frozensun said:

is MoBo completly dead,or you get some error code if you have debug screen?

Doesn't even attempt to boot when pushing the power button 

16 hours ago, Zohan2000 said:

Doesn't even attempt to boot when pushing the power button 

that is odd,asuming you connected everything properly then it's timw for RMA or new MoBo.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

On 10/13/2020 at 3:33 AM, frozensun said:

that is odd,asuming you connected everything properly then it's timw for RMA or new MoBo.

Is a bit annoying considering I only built the pc a few months ago 

got the RMA approved and is now getting sent back, wonder if the shop will let me know what happened to the board

This is becoming a regular problem with the X570 boards from Gigabyte.

The solution is to simply switch off the PSU and then remove the CMOS battery wait 15 secs then replace the battery and then switch on the PSU then turn on the machine as normal.

Its a pain because the CMOS battery is located under the GFX card.

Theres loads of threads in various other forums describing the same issues of X570 boards not powering up and this is the only solution availibe at present.

My own X570 Master motherboard also suffered this same fate last week after 2 months of usage and unfortunately Gigabyte are in denial there is a problem.

The issue occurs at power off and you know its going to do it again when you power down the machine and the onboard power button is not illuminated.

Hope this solution helps others.

• 1 year later...

This just happened to me as well. Purchased the X570 Aorus Master in April of 2020. Wouldn’t boot last week. No light on the CMOS or onboard Mobo power button. Figuring it was a failed PSU I bought a fresh Corsair HX 1200. Same issue, even with fresh power cables. Used a $5 jumper bridge to test the old PSU. It worked! So found this article and popped off the CMOS battery behind the 2nd GPU, waited 2 minutes, then re-seated it. Success! What a PITA. 

79D45234-63A8-4753-A640-7096651689B9.jpeg

• 10 months later...

This SAME exact thing happened to me, I got zero response, no MB lights or anything. I ALSO bought a new Corsair PSU thinking that was the problem but didn't help. So I finally found deep on reddit that you can remove the CMOS battery and wait a few minutes and pop it back in. Worked for me as well. At least I got an ATX3/PCIE 5.0 PSU now for when I just to either a 4090 or 5090 down the road. Running a 3080ti with the x570 Aorus Master as well.