best laptop for £600 and under?

so I'm looking to buy a new laptop, its mainly going to be used for productivity stuff but eventually might get used for more. i was wondering what laptop everyone recommends? it has got to be at least i5 or equivalent ryzen (pc snob after building my own gaming pc) must have at least 8gb of ram but would like a laptop that i can swap the ram out for 16gb if possible and must have an SSD but again id like to be able to upgrade that to a 1tb SSD in the future or just add a second drive if that is doable. love the idea of buying one and making it my own with a few upgrades eventually, doesn't need to have a graphics card (be cool if it did but they get pricey). and lastly where is the best place to buy from, I've been looking at pc world cause id love to get a warranty with it

Any help is very appreciated 

DON'T BUY FROM PC WORLD!!! They are well known for really awful customer service.

John Lewis is excellent for laptops at reasonable prices and they actually honour their warranties, as I found out when they swapped it out no queston because of a trackpad fault a few months after purchase. Plus if you buy from them you usually get an extra year of warranty on top of the manufacturer one.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

9 hours ago, JDP99 said:

so I'm looking to buy a new laptop, its mainly going to be used for productivity stuff but eventually might get used for more. i was wondering what laptop everyone recommends? it has got to be at least i5 or equivalent ryzen (pc snob after building my own gaming pc) must have at least 8gb of ram but would like a laptop that i can swap the ram out for 16gb if possible and must have an SSD but again id like to be able to upgrade that to a 1tb SSD in the future or just add a second drive if that is doable. love the idea of buying one and making it my own with a few upgrades eventually, doesn't need to have a graphics card (be cool if it did but they get pricey). and lastly where is the best place to buy from, I've been looking at pc world cause id love to get a warranty with it

Any help is very appreciated 

If you can just go a big store with a lot of laptops in stock and talk with a sales person and tell them what you want, if you cant, call a store with alot of option online and talk with a sales person there