Windows BSOD in Startup after a System Update

ElectricBOY_

Yo sup guys!
So basically that's the first time that i see a bug like this in Windows.
I just did a normal Windows update as usual, then of course i rebooted after the updates downloaded and installed. Then it pops out a messge saying "Undoing changes". So my PC rebooted again 2 times, and the 3rd time.. it crashed saying
PNP FATAL ERROR. And now i am stuck in the same screen everytime i boot Windows. I tried go on safe mode. And the same BSOD shows up. I tried going on safe mode cmd version and safe mode with network, and same BSOD again. Tried to debugging. And always this damn BSOD! I tried every option that recovery gave me. But nothing. (BTW  in the recovery option the CMD doesn't show up cause this is just the provvisary recovery mode (That's how i call it, but i guess you know guys i'm talking about!) So ofc i tried going with the Windows Installation Media pendrive. I tried doing dism.exe and sfc scan and it says that there are still pending restarting updates. I literally don't know what to do, if someone could help me. I really appreciate it.

Make a bootable usb drive using microsoft media creation tool and try to fix the current installation and if it's not successful just reinstall windows.

16 hours ago, ElectricBOY_ said:

Yo sup guys!
So basically that's the first time that i see a bug like this in Windows.
I just did a normal Windows update as usual, then of course i rebooted after the updates downloaded and installed. Then it pops out a messge saying "Undoing changes". So my PC rebooted again 2 times, and the 3rd time.. it crashed saying
PNP FATAL ERROR. And now i am stuck in the same screen everytime i boot Windows. I tried go on safe mode. And the same BSOD shows up. I tried going on safe mode cmd version and safe mode with network, and same BSOD again. Tried to debugging. And always this damn BSOD! I tried every option that recovery gave me. But nothing. (BTW  in the recovery option the CMD doesn't show up cause this is just the provvisary recovery mode (That's how i call it, but i guess you know guys i'm talking about!) So ofc i tried going with the Windows Installation Media pendrive. I tried doing dism.exe and sfc scan and it says that there are still pending restarting updates. I literally don't know what to do, if someone could help me. I really appreciate it.

System file got corrupted. What you can do is boot from your recovery disk (or Windows 10 setup USB flash drive), pick your language, then pick "repair" option instead of "install".

(it's a small link at the bottom left of the window, if I recall correctly).

From there you can do a System Restore. This will allow you to bring back your system in time, before you installed the update, and your system should be operational. If it says that it can't find any restore points, than you had System Restore disabled on your system (or you happen to delete all your restore points before installing that update, or ran a defrag disk software, beside Windows one that doesn't check for restore points and corrupts them (most of them do)).

If you don't have any restore points, or it doesn't help, then what you can do, is upgrade your Windows 10 with your Media Creation Tool prepared USB flash drive. This should keep your files (although I always suggest to back them up before, in the case the issue was caused by faulty RAM or storage or OC'ed system) and your games and programs, but fix the faulty OS file(s). This should be easier and faster than a clean install, or trying to identify and fix the broken system files.

On 10/10/2020 at 9:48 PM, GoodBytes said:

System file got corrupted. What you can do is boot from your recovery disk (or Windows 10 setup USB flash drive), pick your language, then pick "repair" option instead of "install".

(it's a small link at the bottom left of the window, if I recall correctly).

From there you can do a System Restore. This will allow you to bring back your system in time, before you installed the update, and your system should be operational. If it says that it can't find any restore points, than you had System Restore disabled on your system (or you happen to delete all your restore points before installing that update, or ran a defrag disk software, beside Windows one that doesn't check for restore points and corrupts them (most of them do)).

If you don't have any restore points, or it doesn't help, then what you can do, is upgrade your Windows 10 with your Media Creation Tool prepared USB flash drive. This should keep your files (although I always suggest to back them up before, in the case the issue was caused by faulty RAM or storage or OC'ed system) and your games and programs, but fix the faulty OS file(s). This should be easier and faster than a clean install, or trying to identify and fix the broken system files.

But.. from the Media Creation Tool you can't upgrade Windows and choose the option to keep my files cause I need to have Windows working on a normal environment.

And it doesn't load the full properly Windows 10 recovery.

(Only from the Media Creation Tool)

All what i wanted to ask from my question is:

Is it possible somehow to reinstall Windows from the bootable Windows USB drive, without losing my data and programs.