Possible Upgrade Paths

Blaxo4869

Hello guys i would love if you guys would give me some possible upgrade paths that i can take

This is my current build
CPU- Ryzen 5 3600x
Motherboard- MSI B450 Gaming Plus
RAM- 16gb 8gbx2 G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 500gb SATA  , Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVME , 1tb WD Blue Sata
Case- Coolermaster NR600
Case fan-2 front intake and 1 rear exhaust

CPU Fan - Cryorig H7 Plus 
Power supply- Corsair TX650M Semi-Modular

GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1060 6GB

This is mainly for 1080p Gaming
Or if the budget is enough 1440p Gaming

PC Picture.jpg

What is your budget?

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

If you want to jump into 1440p gaming, you would need a 2060 super minimum, probably a 2070 super for best experience overall. 1060 is a bit weak for graphic fidelity with 1440p. Everything else looks good overall to me. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Your config is good, at least for now. You can upgrade gpu if you have money, but you can also think about different path, not so obvious. I mean SOUND. Some good amplifier, good big floor stereo speakers, music card and you'll be better than 99% users. And it last for many years. I don't understand why so many users ignore sound and focus mostly on graphics.

8 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Your config is good, at least for now. You can upgrade gpu if you have money, but you can also think about different path, not so obvious. I mean SOUND. Some good amplifier, good big floor stereo speakers, music card and you'll be better than 99% users. And it last for many years. I don't understand why so many users ignore sound and focus mostly on graphics.

Because most of people would be more stunned by what they see than few with good sounds. Like, a lot of gamers don't even care if they're using as long they can hear those steps on CSGO, usually just by getting cheapo earphones or headsets. People care more on graphics because simply it's uncomfortable to play at 30 fps, or the graphics looks crappy.

But I kind of agree with you here. Playing GTA 5 or RDR2 with good sounds actually felt good.

As for OP.

19 minutes ago, Blaxo4869 said:

Hello guys i would love if you guys would give me some possible upgrade paths that i can take

This is my current build
CPU- Ryzen 5 3600x
Motherboard- MSI B450 Gaming Plus
RAM- 16gb 8gbx2 G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 500gb SATA  , Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVME , 1tb WD Blue Sata
Case- Coolermaster NR600
Case fan-2 front intake and 1 rear exhaust

CPU Fan - Cryorig H7 Plus 
Power supply- Corsair TX650M Semi-Modular

GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1060 6GB

This is mainly for 1080p Gaming
Or if the budget is enough 1440p Gaming

PC Picture.jpg

1080p are just kinda fine with that already, probably few of them needs reduced settings. If you're just gaming with that, just upgrade the GPU, and RAM if the need increases, for the longevity of the PC itself. 

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

@dhannemon13: but look at the same problem from different perspective - people listening music all the time, it's basically everywhere now. So I'm not talking about sound in games, I'm talking about music and expand computer functionality to be hifi music server. Now is something really wrong with the way people use their audio devices - they use expensive speakers for watching tv and crappy small plastic ones for listening music.

The budget is quite open because it would be upgraded part by part
and it isn't immediate since I can still play my games.

I'm thinking of getting a RTX 30 series possibly a 3070

2 hours ago, homeap5 said:

@dhannemon13: but look at the same problem from different perspective - people listening music all the time, it's basically everywhere now. So I'm not talking about sound in games, I'm talking about music and expand computer functionality to be hifi music server. Now is something really wrong with the way people use their audio devices - they use expensive speakers for watching tv and crappy small plastic ones for listening music.

I'd put in the context of people who aren't that audiophile as ourselves. I personally kind of using 1/3 of my phone storage as FLAC storage, despite using Spotify's way simpler (yet I'm broke for the subscription so f it get the quality instead lol)

Well, somehow watching TV are way more relaxing way to enjoy media because you sit comfortably, cuddling with your cats, watching movies. Good sounds would be worth more to invest in such conditions, I think. But, while you're using your computer, you'd more focus on what you do on that PC (not HTPC, different context) instead of the every frequencies we heard, EXCEPT we solely using the PC itself for just relax and listen to it. Yes, I admit I sometimes got disturbed of freaking distorted frequencies of low-quality speakers, but if you're enjoying yourself while working, it won't be that bad as, again, we focus more of what we do.

Most people have PC, they use it for productivity, or just game, or enjoy Linus rumbling around. Which, neither of those, I think, would need that good quality for speakers. Except, of course, when people like real audiophiles, do.

And here's based of what I saw, at least on my country.

Speakers on PCs are kind of more 'specialized' here, that I only saw really few people actually using good-quality speaker/monitors around here. They don't care much about quality, as long you can listen. Like, duh, people here just sets the freaking knobs to maximum and either too much dum dum dum, and, I should say, holy shit, the high frequencies hurts. Can't even hear the vocals at all.

And some people (but I can say 'most' on few public places) here got... Kind of bad taste of music (no offense, Indonesians). You'd listen of this kind of music on a lot place you visit if you're on my country. The worst one would be when you're using public transportation.

It's so far of the analysis I did for people using computer, at least. Funnily, on my big family, I'm actually the only one that cares of the quality of any speakers output (despite using scrapped things, but hey it works flawlessly and the quality's good).

I think it's kind about of choice people made. You can get expensive on both, or just get one of them, or all crappy speakers all over the place.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

Assuming you're gaming, I would recommend getting a used 20-series card. The performance uplift should be high while not breaking the bank too much. If you go high enough in the product stack you can also trace rays.