Having Trouble with my Computer Recognizing my GPU, Red VGA Error Light

Hi, I’ve been having some trouble with my computer lately. About a week ago I turned on my computer and it worked perfectly. I shut it down and went to bed. The next day, I turn my computer on and there is no signal on my monitor. So I check what's going on inside my case. My graphics card's fans were spinning, but there was no signal. One single, bright red light on the motherboard which corresponded to "VGA" was lit up. 

So, I do some research on what this error code means and how to fix it. After reading through what seemed like every article and resource, I started troubleshooting my computer. First, I tried restarting my PC. Then, I tried reseating my GPU. I tried using a different cable to power my graphics card, using the other PCIE slot, plugging in the power cable into a different slot on the PSU, waiting a day with the computer completely unplugged from everything, all of these attempts lead to the same “VGA” error light. Finally, in a desperate attempt to get my computer running again before World of Warcraft: Shadowlands launched, I decided to call Gigabyte support. I told them about my problem and that either their mobo or their graphics card didn’t work. The lady on the phone told me “I am 99% sure that it is the graphics card.” Unfortunately, I didn’t have another graphics card or motherboard to test out which component is faulty so I was left in the dark.

After sitting on this for a while, I decided to purchase another graphics card. This time i got an ASUS GTX 1070 ROG STRIX. I plug it in, connect the power to it, and a white light turns on where the power connects. I suppose this signals that it is getting power delivered to it. Anyways, I turn the computer on and it still doesn’t display a signal. I look at the motherboard and I’m still getting the “VGA” error light. I then proceed to try various things, such as using 1 of the 2 sticks of ram, literally disconnecting everything the computer doesn’t need for it to boot, running it in SLI using both of my gtx 1070s, and almost nothing happens. After I tried using SLI, (or maybe after switching out the RAM) I started getting an error code that went in a cycle of CPU -> DRAM -> VGA -> CPU… 

That’s where I’m at now. I’m trying to figure out what the main culprit is. I’m 100% sure it is not the graphics cards, CPU, Boot drive (m.2) or RAM, and 99% sure it isn’t the PSU. The only thing this leaves is the motherboard. I’m using this motherboard as a third-hand owner, already refurbished. I’m pretty confident that it’s the motherboard, but I can’t be certain because everything else about the system seems to be working just fine. It posts, turns the RAM and AIO rgb on, the fans turn on, etc. There is no visible damage to the motherboard or either of the graphics cards. What could be my problem? Should I try ordering a new motherboard and try that out? Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you for helping me out.

My system:

Motherboard: X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070, ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070

RAM: 16gb DDR4 3000 Mhz

PSU: EVGA 750 GQ (750 Watt, 80 Gold, Semi-Modular)

seems like you already did most of what i'd suggest , if you reset the bios on the board and it's still dead then try a new board.

although the  EVGA 750 GQ can be upwards of 7 years old by now so it may be that as well but i'd try a new board first

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

although the  EVGA 750 GQ can be upwards of 7 years old by now so it may be that as well but i'd try a new board first

Yeah, mine is only about a year or two old, that'll be the next thing I'll try if a new motherboard doesn't fix it. Thank you for the reply.

5 minutes ago, RainBowCake said:

Yeah, mine is only about a year or two old

you've...... owned it for a year or two.

but the power supply can be upwards of 7 years old

31 minutes ago, emosun said:

you've...... owned it for a year or two.

but the power supply can be upwards of 7 years old

oh, I understand. That's a good point.

On 10/8/2020 at 4:59 PM, emosun said:

seems like you already did most of what i'd suggest , if you reset the bios on the board and it's still dead then try a new board.

Hi, I bought an x570-plus Tuf Gaming motherboard from Best Buy today and plugged everything into it. I only plugged in what was necessary, and I still got the dreaded VGA error. I tried this with both cards. They seem to be powered up because my monitor turns on when I turn my computer on, which must mean that there is at least power being transmitted through the DisplayPort cable. My best bet is that it is the CPU. I will be taking it to geek squad some time this weekend probably.