Which cpu to pair with 4 sticks of 3200mhz ram?

I have 32Gb of 3200mhz ram right now with my 1600x, but I can't get to the full 3200mhz speed with my current cpu. I've been told this is because of limits from the first gen ryzen cpu so was wondering what I should up it to to get that full 3200mhz? I know the new gen is being announced super soon so I wouldn't get anything till after that. I prefer to stay ryzen because I don't want to have to get a new motherboard too.

Mobo is a ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
cpu is a Ryzen 5 1600x
ram is 32 (8x4) of 3200mhz corsair vengeance RGB

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
CPU Cooler- Artic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm
GPU-  EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA
RAM- CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB 3200Mhz 
PSU- Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 Watt
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
SSD- SanDisk Ultra II 500GB SATA III
Case- Custom Made Desk
Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

Microphone- Blue Snowball Ice
Headphones- Razer Nari Ultimate
Webcam- Logitech c270
Monitors- MSI Optix MAG24C and Acer KA240HQ Abid
Mouse- Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum MX Speed

7 minutes ago, DevilsHand676 said:

I have 32Gb of 3200mhz ram right now with my 1600x, but I can't get to the full 3200mhz speed with my current cpu. I've been told this is because of limits from the first gen ryzen cpu so was wondering what I should up it to to get that full 3200mhz? I know the new gen is being announced super soon so I wouldn't get anything till after that. I prefer to stay ryzen because I don't want to have to get a new motherboard too.

cpu is a Ryzen 5 1600x

The Ryzen third generation supports 3200 mhz, anything under the third gen is below 3000, so if you want just raw gaming performance for a cheaper price, check out the R3 3300x, or if you want to balance stuff out and are willing to spend a few bucks more, you can get the R5 3600

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

Wait for zen 3 to launch and check what it has to offer and check if asus rolls out a beta bios for the b450 strix f, but for now, the imc on zen 2 cpu's is a pretty huge upgrade over zen 1's, but again, wait for zen 3. 

1 hour ago, Shabba said:

every CPU has a supported RAM speed,

2666 just means anything over that is not guaranteed and is an overclock to the imc, does not  mean anything over 2666 is not possible on zen 1. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

8 minutes ago, DevilsHand676 said:

cpu is a Ryzen 5 1600x

every CPU has a supported RAM speed, you can see it on the relevant info page for each Eg. https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-1600x

"System Memory Specification - Up to 2667MHz / System Memory Type - DDR4 / Memory Channels - 2"

You'd be best with a Ryzen 3600 or better

7 minutes ago, Haro said:

Wait for zen 3 to launch and check what it has to offer and check if asus rolls out a beta bios for the b450 strix f, but for now, the imc on zen 2 cpu's is a pretty huge upgrade over zen 1's, but again, wait for zen 3. 

2666 just means anything over that is not guaranteed and is an overclock to the imc, does not  mean anything over 2666 is not possible on zen 1. 

for sure, supported doesn't mean possible so he could always attempt to OC the RAM but at that point you're in the weeds and you'd also have to consider that 2x16GB will yield better results on Ryzen than 4x8GB

8 minutes ago, Shabba said:

for sure, supported doesn't mean possible so he could always attempt to OC the RAM but at that point you're in the weeds and you'd also have to consider that 2x16GB will yield better results on Ryzen than 4x8GB

Yeah I was using 8x2 at 3200mhz before but I guess I was trying to push it too hard to do 8x4 3200. I'll definitely look into a 3600 or 3600xt for prime day coming up or black friday 

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
CPU Cooler- Artic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm
GPU-  EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA
RAM- CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB 3200Mhz 
PSU- Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 Watt
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
SSD- SanDisk Ultra II 500GB SATA III
Case- Custom Made Desk
Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

Microphone- Blue Snowball Ice
Headphones- Razer Nari Ultimate
Webcam- Logitech c270
Monitors- MSI Optix MAG24C and Acer KA240HQ Abid
Mouse- Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum MX Speed

30 minutes ago, Shabba said:

actually XMP is allready an overclock........ supported ram speed by the maufacturer is a joke. as its really not that relevant to how high you can go with XMP. 

AMD supporting 3200mhz is 3200mhz Jedec spec. not XMP. and since Jedec spec is terrible latency wise, everyone uses XMP kits, which when enabled is technically overclocking.

19 minutes ago, DevilsHand676 said:

Yeah I was using 8x2 at 3200mhz before but I guess I was trying to push it too hard to do 8x4 3200

just check 2933mhz or 3000mhz cl16 and 1.4v on the memmory. first gen didnt really clock further in regards to the IF. 

i assume you added a second kit, which isnt ideal for running at the rated speed of either of them. as they only validated them in pairs.