0 FPS

wassup

I was playing CSGO and was getting like 0 fps. Suddenly it would got up to like 7 fps for 1 second and go back down to 0. The game is unplayable. Help

Just now, handymanshandle said:

I guess a good start to this all would be asking what hardware you have.

970, an i5 and 8gb. Obviously not the problem

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Any bespoke console commands you happen to use?

nah

Just csgo? What are the temps when playing?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Just csgo? What are the temps when playing?

i dont have an app to check the temps, and I only checked csgo so far

either the game install or windows is totally messed up, or some busted ass hardware.

if you are only having problems in this one game, then the game is at fault

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, wassup said:

i dont have an app to check the temps, and I only checked csgo so far

download hwinfo64, and try another game.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

download hwinfo64, and try another game.

Okay... I tested with other games and the same shit happens. Temperatures seem to go up a bit, but the real issue is CPU and GPU usage, which got up to 100% instantly. Next time someone tell me to buy a PC instad of a console im smakin them, this shit too much trouble

12 minutes ago, wassup said:

Okay... I tested with other games and the same shit happens. Temperatures seem to go up a bit, but the real issue is CPU and GPU usage, which got up to 100% instantly. Next time someone tell me to buy a PC instad of a console im smakin them, this shit too much trouble

its b/c you got a really old pc, lol. What are the temps? What res are you playing at?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

its b/c you got a really old pc, lol. What are the temps? What res are you playing at?

I played CSGO on an i7 920 and R380 with no issues, I am sure OP's PC is newer than that.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

9 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

I played CSGO on an i7 920 and R380 with no issues, I am sure OP's PC is newer than that.

lol, if hes trying to do 1440p tho, though I cant help, since hes not replying. I played on a q6600 and a hd3650. THough, if hes going to go bac to console b/c he wont let someone else help him find outs waht's wrong, i don't know what to do.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

lol, if hes trying to do 1440p tho, though I cant help, since hes not replying. I played on a q6600 and a hd3650. THough, if hes going to go bac to console b/c he wont let someone else help him find outs waht's wrong, i don't know what to do.

Bru yall are still on specs and resolution, that isnt it. I play this game for 5 years on the same pc. There is a bigger problem here with all of my games. not 1440p or any crap. Never changed my settings. If you want to know, my pc is the same as yesterday

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, wassup said:

I was playing CSGO and was getting like 0 fps. Suddenly it would got up to like 7 fps for 1 second and go back down to 0. The game is unplayable. Help

0 fps is a still image, isn't it?

Your Hardware Specs are 100% not the Problem. And 100% GPU usage is what you want anyway. And i5..i5 what? And what Temp is "up a bit"?

How many Backdoors and Trojans are lurking around?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 hours ago, Praesi said:

Your Hardware Specs are 100% not the Problem. And 100% GPU usage is what you want anyway. And i5..i5 what? And what Temp is "up a bit"?

How many Backdoors and Trojans are lurking around?

Core i5 4590. Im not aware of any trojans or backdoors. I tried running Malwarebytes yesterday, but nothing came up. I have two hds, but idk if malware bytes checks them both. The temp went from like 40 to 65 pretty quick, but that is not that high. The fans are working. Browsing works fine though. I think malware could be it, but idk how to check, because as I said, it was clear

24 minutes ago, wassup said:

Core i5 4590. Im not aware of any trojans or backdoors. I tried running Malwarebytes yesterday, but nothing came up. I have two hds, but idk if malware bytes checks them both. The temp went from like 40 to 65 pretty quick, but that is not that high. The fans are working. Browsing works fine though. I think malware could be it, but idk how to check, because as I said, it was clear

Install "Spybot S&D" and run a full system check

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Praesi said:

I'll do that. I don't even know where viruses are coming from tbh

2 hours ago, Praesi said:

Sorry I'm taking long to answer, ive had things to do. i ran this app and it detected some stuff nothing that seemed too terrible. When I clicked to fix it, the program crashed. I tried to test CSGO, and the frames were still dropping like crazy, but only every like 20 seconds. Its still unplayable, but its not frozen the entire time. I also got a message saying "Failed to open vpk file" and then just pointed out the files location

3 hours ago, wassup said:

Sorry I'm taking long to answer, ive had things to do. i ran this app and it detected some stuff nothing that seemed too terrible. When I clicked to fix it, the program crashed. I tried to test CSGO, and the frames were still dropping like crazy, but only every like 20 seconds. Its still unplayable, but its not frozen the entire time. I also got a message saying "Failed to open vpk file" and then just pointed out the files location

Just run it again. It should have fixed the Issues, the crash aside.

And reinstall all your multimedia drivers. GPU, Soundcard ect.

Use DDU for the GPU Driver. And just run it. You dont have to go in safe mode.

18 hours ago, Praesi said:

Use DDU for the GPU Driver. And just run it. You dont have to go in safe mode.

in my experience DDU not in safe mode never fixed anything, in safe mode tho yes. Also it's better to do it twice for some reason doesn't seem to catch everything in the first run sometimes.

Also the developer ( Wagnardsoft) highly recommends safe mode for this program,and he should probably know best!

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity