is this psu good enough

medar

its a Powerline something it says 450w on it. I have a FX 6300 and nvidia 9800+ gtx will it support them, if not please recommend me a power supply 

Screenshot_20201006-031805_Gallery.jpg

It's based on an archaic design where system power draw were more drawn from the 5V rail as opposed to 12V like modern day system. This is evident by the presence of the -5V rail which was removed from ATX specification in 2003/4.

To provide you a recommendation, a budget and links to site you are able to buy from would be helpful.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-9800-gtx.c207

FX 6300 can pull like 220 watts. that + 150 makes for about 83% of your capacity. 40 watts more for the motherboard and maybe 20 watts for fans, drives, etc. and you're getting awful close

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-9800-gtx.c207

FX 6300 can pull like 220 watts. that + 150 makes for about 83% of your capacity. 40 watts more for the motherboard and maybe 20 watts for fans, drives, etc. and you're getting awful close

so the cpu with the gpu and with this psu isnt good or?

14 minutes ago, quan289 said:

It's based on an archaic design where system power draw were more drawn from the 5V rail as opposed to 12V like modern day system. This is evident by the presence of the -5V rail which was removed from ATX specification in 2003/4.

To provide you a recommendation, a budget and links to site you are able to buy from would be helpful.

yea I am from bosnia Im not sure if you will have a clue how to use this site cuz its in bosnian but you can try olx.ba the higher the number is the higher the price is the currency is BAM

3 minutes ago, highrusher said:

so the cpu with the gpu and with this psu isnt good or?

It's pretty bad in my opinion, are you able to get a lower power graphics card like a GTX 750? Or other cards with a single 6 pin PCIe connector, instead of 2

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

It's pretty bad in my opinion, are you able to get a lower power graphics card like a GTX 750? Or other cards with a single 6 pin PCIe connector, instead of 2

nah i already bought it :/

4 minutes ago, highrusher said:

nah i already bought it :/

a good PSU is hard to come by these days due to the pandemic. I hope you can find a decent PSU of about 500 watts, and if this system is your main PC, it is worth spending a little extra for a quality unit, if possible.

Primary PC:

30 minutes ago, highrusher said:

yea I am from bosnia Im not sure if you will have a clue how to use this site cuz its in bosnian but you can try olx.ba the higher the number is the higher the price is the currency is BAM

Don't worry. I've navigated through sites that were in Japanese, Chinese, Hebrew, etc. While it being in a foreign language does make it somewhat difficult, the general website layout doesn't change too much.

Anyways, a quality 450w (which your Powerline VP-430 is not) is capable of powering a system with an FX6300 and GTX9800+. I'm assuming you are on a tight budget if you are getting a 12 year old card, so is the Corsair CX450M is in your price range @ 162 BAM?

https://www.olx.ba/artikal/37350800/corsair-cx-series-cx450m-450w/

2 minutes ago, quan289 said:

Don't worry. I've navigated through sites that were in Japanese, Chinese, Hebrew, etc. While it being in a foreign language does make it somewhat difficult, the general website layout doesn't change too much.

Anyways, a quality 450w (which your Powerline VP-430 is not) is capable of powering a system with an FX6300 and GTX9800+. I'm assuming you are on a tight budget if you are getting a 12 year old card, so is the Corsair CX450M is in your price range @ 162 BAM?

https://www.olx.ba/artikal/37350800/corsair-cx-series-cx450m-450w/

yea thats like 80€ isnt that too much for a power supply? Idk anything about these things so Im probably wrong

20 minutes ago, highrusher said:

yea thats like 80€ isnt that too much for a power supply? Idk anything about these things so Im probably wrong

Pricing and availability can differ depending on the region. What may seem like a bad deal for me may be an excellent deal for you. The only reason why I picked that one is because the non-modular CX450 only has one 6+2 pin connector but looking at the price again, you are right. That PSU seem to be rather expensive. You could get the RM550x for that price which is a superior high-end unit: https://www.olx.ba/artikal/35310282/corsair-550w-rmx-series-rm550x-atx-140mm/

A more affordable option with two PEG connector for your GPU could be the Seasonic S12III 550w: https://www.olx.ba/artikal/39395822/seasonic-s12-iii-550w/

And no, the MS 500 PSU is bad.

On 10/6/2020 at 2:20 AM, highrusher said:

its a Powerline something it says 450w on it. I have a FX 6300 and nvidia 9800+ gtx will it support them, if not please recommend me a power supply 

Screenshot_20201006-031805_Gallery.jpg

It's probably fine for the hardware your using but I would definitely upgrade to a more modern unit! Maybe a CX grey label or a evga bronze unit? 

But this is a cheap unit and probably outputs less than it says! Go for a decent budget unit! Like is said, a grey unit CX or bronze evga would suffice (500-550w).

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case

4 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

It's probably fine for the hardware your using but I would definitely upgrade to a more modern unit! Maybe a CX grey label or a evga bronze unit? 

the chip is a 100w tdp and can pull 220w underload. The gpu is a 140w under load, thats 360, plus 50 or so for the motherboard, and like 20 for drives/fans depending on what he has, and you have a 430w power draw. thats like 95% of the wattage. I would want a 550w or higher for this.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

the chip is a 100w tdp and can pull 220w underload. The gpu is a 140w under load, thats 360, plus 50 or so for the motherboard, and like 20 for drives/fans depending on what he has, and you have a 430w power draw. thats like 95% of the wattage. I would want a 550w or higher for this.

I run a 580 and 3100 on a 500w... That's 325w Gpu and a 75w Cpu... 

I agree that 500w and above is recommended but you could theoretically work if it is actually 450w but it's probably closer to 370w! That's why I recommended a grey label or a evga bronze or a system power 9 unit! Something cheap but decent quality! 

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case