Limits of iGPUs and CPUs?

So I'm thinking of the limitations of CPUs with iGPUs and how they fight for Resources... Especially Available Memory and Memory Bandwidth. With the last, would designers need to use some exotic tech such as RAM made out of Carbon Nanotubes/Buckyballs in order to Overcome with this? I'm think of something like HBM but with a single die in a sort of socket with 1024 connection to the CPU die. Kind of like AMD has done with their I/O die with current Ryzen CPUs. How don't know how dense such memory dies would be, but perhaps 32GB for consumer 8-Core CPUS, 32GB? I mean up to 8GB for the iGPU/24 for CPU should be enough right? At least at first...  

The problem is that no one is gonna buy an APU like that when you can buy a CPU and a GPU for the theoretical cost of this APU. However as a mobile thing its plausible although it would be quite expensive and it would prorbably still make sense to do a DGPU, CPU combo. AMD more than likely has the tech to do it its just expensive to do so and wouldnt sell well  

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

*points at upcoming console designs*

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

56 minutes ago, Silentprototipe said:

The problem is that no one is gonna buy an APU like that when you can buy a CPU and a GPU for the theoretical cost of this APU. However as a mobile thing its plausible although it would be quite expensive and it would prorbably still make sense to do a DGPU, CPU combo. AMD more than likely has the tech to do it its just expensive to do so and wouldnt sell well  

Well AFAIK no one has yet found a low cost reliable method of manufacturing large numbers of Carbon Buckyballs/Nanotubes of the type needed for semiconductors.

the last I read, carbon nanotubes were used to make something outright silly ass enforced golf clubs and tennis rackets... Rather expensive ones at that....

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

Well AFAIK no one has yet found a low cost reliable method of manufacturing large numbers of Carbon Buckyballs/Nanotubes of the type needed for semiconductors.

the last I read, carbon nanotubes were used to make something outright silly ass enforced golf clubs and tennis rackets... Rather expensive ones at that....

The problem with nanotubes is a 1mm long nanotube is an accomplishment.  I’ve heard of companies making sort of dumbbell shaped nanotubes with big knobs on the ends and using them in what amounts to fiberglass.  Buckyballs are near useless.  They’re incredibly inert.  Last useful thing I heard they were used for is theyre about the size of a blood cell but they’re pretty regular so someone made some to use in calibrating microscopes.  They’re actually poisonous because they’re small enough to fit in a blood vessel and they’re so inert the body can’t get rid of them.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

*points at upcoming console designs*

The consumer would never get the pricing Sony and Microsoft gets for their APU's 

12 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Well as with all things tech its yet to be made low cost. They always have said that about new techologies so give it 5-10 years and it will probrably be common. Though most of IGPU performance is gonna come from architectural improvements more than anything than AMD or Intel making larger IGPU's 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

24 minutes ago, Silentprototipe said:

The consumer would never get the pricing Sony and Microsoft gets for their APU's 

Well as with all things tech its yet to be made low cost. They always have said that about new techologies so give it 5-10 years and it will probrably be common. Though most of IGPU performance is gonna come from architectural improvements more than anything than AMD or Intel making larger IGPU's 

So? it’s also not a standard zif.  Still essentially similar.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So? it’s also not a standard zif.  Still essentially similar.

Right, However OP is asking about consumer APU's with IGPU's that powerful. Console APU's are a custom solution made for Sony and Microsoft expected to sold in the millions. AMD is capable of it for a customer like Microsoft or Sony but for someone like us they wouldnt do it unless OEMs demand such a thing which then would trickle down to us 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575