Fortnites using alot of cpu and 1% of gpu

Loozher
  • 2 months later...
On 10/4/2020 at 11:44 PM, Loozher said:

I know alot of people dont like fortnite, but i really dont want to search on youtube for 4 hours because nothing seems to work

I recently got a new asus vg279qm 280hz  monitor.. and my games having problems running, the camera stutters and i literally cant play.. I dont know if its even my hardware or just a setting, im stuck..

So, do i need to upgrade anything?   Or is there a way to make the game more gpu dependant??

Heres the specs of my pc

ASrock z270 extreme4

Intel core i5-7600k

Nvidia 1070

16GB RAM

Samsung 240gb SSD

2TB HDD

Im willing to upgrade if i need to.. I just really need help

Ok this is what you need to do: You have an older gpu, but still very capable, lower some of the settings in Fortnite, like the post processing, anti-aliasing, and effects.

The most likely problem is that you are bottled necked by the cpu in Fortnite, since fornite can be cpu bound, like when dropping out of the battle bus, or in a busy spot like old tilted towers, since there are many things for it to do, like keeping track of all 100 players.

The cpu is basically organizing tasks for the gpu to do, like render frames, but cant always keep up, creating hitching/stuttering. The CPU IS a fine parring, but trying to get 280hz/frames is a lot. I have a rtx 2070, and a ryzen 5 3600x, and I get 144hz on mostly high settings, but even when lower the game looks great, at least compared to my xbox.

Dont upgrade, unless you really want to. If so you would need to upgrade the cpu and gpu together, and if you are staying on Intel or switching to AMD, motherboard and maybe ram on top, and since power consumption is often higher now, maybe a Power supply as well. With the gpu, cpu and almost all technology shortages right now, I would wait, and just try lowering some of the non game ending settings, like shadows and effects, keeping view distance and the 3D settings ON, so you can still see enemies, and have fun.

Good luck! Let me know how its going!

On 12/9/2020 at 5:44 AM, Juch said:

Ok this is what you need to do: You have an older gpu, but still very capable, lower some of the settings in Fortnite, like the post processing, anti-aliasing, and effects.

The most likely problem is that you are bottled necked by the cpu in Fortnite, since fornite can be cpu bound, like when dropping out of the battle bus, or in a busy spot like old tilted towers, since there are many things for it to do, like keeping track of all 100 players.

The cpu is basically organizing tasks for the gpu to do, like render frames, but cant always keep up, creating hitching/stuttering. The CPU IS a fine parring, but trying to get 280hz/frames is a lot. I have a rtx 2070, and a ryzen 5 3600x, and I get 144hz on mostly high settings, but even when lower the game looks great, at least compared to my xbox.

Dont upgrade, unless you really want to. If so you would need to upgrade the cpu and gpu together, and if you are staying on Intel or switching to AMD, motherboard and maybe ram on top, and since power consumption is often higher now, maybe a Power supply as well. With the gpu, cpu and almost all technology shortages right now, I would wait, and just try lowering some of the non game ending settings, like shadows and effects, keeping view distance and the 3D settings ON, so you can still see enemies, and have fun.

Good luck! Let me know how its going!

Hey man, so since Christmas is near ill probably get the new parts then, but im most likely going to switch to AMD with a new MB and probably better ram and psu, pretty much doing a full system upgrade over the course of the next 6 months, and since im in Australia the parts are all still in stock so it'll be no worry finding them