My 2060 super is artifacting on the new nvidea drivers

I have been using my RTX 2060 super for about 9 months now and its been working fine but once i update my graphics drivers my hdmi display out from the graphics card seems to be artifacting.

the display goes crazy and has lines all over it and the pixels start moving up and down and side ways in paralell lines. This only happens with driver versions 446.16+ and on my hdmi display

I hoped this was a driver issue and nvidea would fix it but after waiting they still havnt i made a post on their forums and they said to just ddu and install a hotfix i havnt tried that but i heard that even if i do the new versions would still have the same issue. is there any fix for this so i can get the latest driver or should i just buy an dp to hdmi cable.

Just go back to an older driver than. You do not need the latest driver installed. I prefer my drivers to be at least 3 months old for exactly that kind of reason. 

58 minutes ago, busiedcomb18 said:

This only happens with driver versions 446.16+ and on my hdmi display

446.16 is a driver from May, are you sure that you don't get issues if you install an even older version? or are you just assuming that the driver is the issue since you started encountering artifacts? I have an RTX 2060S and I don't have any issues on the newest drivers

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

On 10/4/2020 at 6:06 PM, Syn. said:

446.16 is a driver from May, are you sure that you don't get issues if you install an even older version? or are you just assuming that the driver is the issue since you started encountering artifacts? I have an RTX 2060S and I don't have any issues on the newest drivers

Yes before that date i had no issues but after that driver i started having issues. May i ask if you have a hdmi Display plugged in?

On 10/4/2020 at 5:16 PM, Applefreak said:

Just go back to an older driver than. You do not need the latest driver installed. I prefer my drivers to be at least 3 months old for exactly that kind of reason. 

Really? I thought you would have the best performance in doing so and plus they introduce features like support for ray tracing in fortnite. and Nvidea reflex

On 10/4/2020 at 5:03 PM, busiedcomb18 said:

I have been using my RTX 2060 super for about 9 months now and its been working fine but once i update my graphics drivers my hdmi display out from the graphics card seems to be artifacting.

the display goes crazy and has lines all over it and the pixels start moving up and down and side ways in paralell lines. This only happens with driver versions 446.16+ and on my hdmi display

I hoped this was a driver issue and nvidea would fix it but after waiting they still havnt i made a post on their forums and they said to just ddu and install a hotfix i havnt tried that but i heard that even if i do the new versions would still have the same issue. is there any fix for this so i can get the latest driver or should i just buy an dp to hdmi cable.

I have just bought a new dp to hdmi cable and the issue seems to root from the driver not the card since the display port dose this now too. I think its the main display option that its set to since it only happens on my main monitor.