Linux, where to start?

So i just recently got a job at a local pc/phone repair shop, and a bit of what we do is data recovery. I know basics on how to do this through programs like reclaime, but when it gets to a certain point, windows just wont work and we use linux, ubuntu i think. i have only minorly tinkered with linux in middle school and that was linux mint. Where would you recommend me to start with learning ubuntu?

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

13 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

So i just recently got a job at a local pc/phone repair shop, and a bit of what we do is data recovery. I know basics on how to do this through programs like reclaime, but when it gets to a certain point, windows just wont work and we use linux, ubuntu i think. i have only minorly tinkered with linux in middle school and that was linux mint. Where would you recommend me to start with learning ubuntu?

one linux noob (me) to another linux semi-noob (you), become familiar with commands. omg there are so many diffrent things, but its a lot quicker to not have to google everything you need to do.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just use the OS. When you come across something you don't know, find answers online. Ad infinitum.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

34 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

programs like reclaime

Look up a Windows program called "Zero Assumption Recovery"

It will help, a lot.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Fatih19 said:

Just use the OS. When you come across something you don't know, find answers online. Ad infinitum.

How do i add an install of it to my current drive that has windows on it already?

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

Become familiar with Terminal commands, and install Gparted, its a free  disk management software and you can also recover data from formatted hard drives.