color of table top for gaming setup table

M.R_KING

i want to make a table with my personal dimentions

i choosed:160cm to 170cm width.....80cm depth.....76cm to 80cm height)

and i want to make it 99% with the shape of ikea tables (alex...linnmon) like this one in the photo below

but we don't have ikea here in algeria so i will gonna make it on a tables maker but with the same shape of the ikea one

the same drawers as well as the table top but without the leg in the middle of the table

but i am just confused about the color of the tabletop...

do i make it white or brown or brown with wood signs on it

or make it mate black??

I want to see your suggestions below the post...

linnmon-alex-table__07fffffffffffff37573_PE741173_S5.jpg

I've always been a fan of matte black. Brown might look good too. I personally wouldn't go with white. Doesn't give any contrast against the white drawers.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

1 minute ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

I've always been a fan of matte black. Brown might look good too. I personally wouldn't go with white. Doesn't give any contrast against the white drawers.

yeah

and also it picks up dirt quickly and shows more on it

not like the mate black or brown

33 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

you can even use fake carbon fiber sticker in it, it is removable if you ll get bored of it

on the tabletop??
it will looks a little bit sketchy and feel also sketchy

You could always make it a different color. 

I just made my own desk, and I couldn't really fit an Alex desk in my spot. (And it was more expensive.)

I did a blue wood stain. 

1246630972_Assembled01.jpg.957d9838ea569b9a060e9efc9a3e684b.jpg

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS

26 minutes ago, M.R_KING said:

on the tabletop??
it will looks a little bit sketchy and feel also sketchy

it's the same vinyl they use for car wrap. I m not saying it's a must, but i was considering when i made my own table. There are people on youtube that tryed it

I generally prefer woodgrain for tables; gives it a nice natural look. However that's just me.

Any chance by the way that you could make the font size in your post the same as the rest of the forum? (Basically select all then click the button that says "TX ")? It makes the post really difficult to read on smaller screens

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.