Sennheiser HD8 DJ Video Thread

Very nice review.  But I'm afraid if the clamping force was to much for you then they would be unbearable on my head.  You should have had Slick try them on to get the perspective of someone with a larger head than yours.

@Mr. Tech Tips

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Is there a set of headphones with a similar sound signature but at a much cheaper price tag? Build quality isn't too much of a factor since I take decent care of my things

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

opinion on the Audio Technica ATH M50x?

This thread is to discuss the HD8's not a different set of headphones. Please stick to the topic.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

I'm curious about the cup depth. . . a spec that is never included but I always need to know before making the leap (I was called Dumbo as a kid for a reason)! Anyone have a clue?

Does anyone know anywhere in Canada that sells them with free shipping ATM?

Or any idea when it will arrive at, say, amazon?

I live in Calgary if it helps.

For anyone looking for a Canadian retailer in the Toronto area, AVshop.ca has them instock at $430 (Edited: I wrote the price for the HD7's by accident) it looks like. That's still a little outside of my price range (if your in education, medical, govt. or move serious volume I know they give discounts on volume and such, my school buys a lot from them.).

Full disclosure, I don't work for them, I just absolutely love their customer service, if they can't help you, they'll help you find someone who can.

Edited by Cal920c

For anyone looking for a Canadian retailer in the Toronto area, AVshop.ca has them instock at $350 it looks like. That's still a little outside of my price range (if your in education, medical, govt. or move serious volume I know they give discounts on volume and such, my school buys a lot from them.).

Full disclosure, I don't work for them, I just absolutely love their customer service, if they can't help you, they'll help you find someone who can.

They are selling them for $430

http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/over-ear-headphones/sennheiser-hd8-dj-headphones

They also don't offer free shipping (even though they say they do). They charge for shipping insurance or force you to buy expedited shipping for the same price. In total everything comes out to $480.

oops, I clicked the wrong link... for the HD7's, I'll edit the other post...

I've tried getting a date out of Amazon.ca to no avail, during a live chat I was told they do not know when they will be receiving any. AxeMusic told me that they had 2 pairs up in edmonton that were available to be shipped to me, no date on when they would be receiving any locally. I contacted Newegg.ca, who sent me to their American store. I have contacted Newegg.ca again and was more specific this time. I could not manage to find somewhere to email NCIX, however they have a live chat that is/was down. I've contacted Sennheiser themselves who have yet to get back to me.

Why do things have to be so difficult? I just really don't want to end up spending $480 on these when I know I don't have to.

NWO = everyone would get these eventually

What are these to cost anyway?  The links Linus provided didn't work.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Just picked a pair up. Hoping I won't regret it!

Can't find them at all in Alberta and Amazon.ca nor NCIX has them in stock at the time of this post.

I've found one website that stocks them, ships internationaly and adjusts pricing per country but they wouldn't ship them due to some regulatory shennanigans (The reason had something do with "Laws or manufacturers request")

opinion on the Audio Technica ATH M50x?

Sound the same as the M50, but more bells and whistles.

On topic: Just bought some. AMAZING. Bass is crazy good! Just bought some IE 80s as well. Total audio upgrade recently. 

I don't find I need to amp these, but did you find an improvement in sound with amplification? I'm using an Xperia Z1 with audio boost (same sound levels as an iPhone now, where as before they were really weak).

Anyone have any idea on when this will become more commonly available in Canada? MemoryExpress said they should be getting some in the next 5 business days for Calgary, AB.

I've never been particularly into bass but wouldn't mind trying these out, even construction alone seems pretty impressive.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I finally was able to pick a pair of these headphones up, and I am quite amazed at the sound. It's made me a music lover again. I can actually hear details in the music I've never been able to hear before. I've been going through my library of music and just re-listening to old songs. The build quality is fantastic and I love the sound. I would recommend these to anyone if they were willing to drop the cash.

The hinge feature and the velour/leatherette pads makes me want to buy these headphones. Too bad they're outside my price range.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Linus!

Can you do a review of the V-MODA M100 headphones? They are probably one of the best looking headphones out there but do they sound great?

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100/

There's already a ton of reviews on those headphones. Linus doing such a review wouldn't really inform us any more than we already are with a simple Google search.

For what it's worth, though, I've seen them recommended many times over. They're great headphones, especially if you're a basshead.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a place in Canada that sells these headphones because of the ridiculous duties that are added on to shipping stuff from the states.  Anyone know any Canadian websites that are selling the HD8 DJ's?

This video reminds me of a scene from breaking bad.